Character Creation Rules
Level: 5 (so 10,000XP)
Sources: More or less any WotC books or web supplements, within reason, but see below.
Classes: No "spellcasting" classes of any kind (except incarnum ones). No spells, no powers, no invocations or pact magic or shadowcasting or truenaming. You get the idea. Martial adepts are OK, and those from MoI are obviously OK. See here for more details.
Alignment: Any, but you need to have some reason to be with the group. Being a mercenary is fine.
Abilities: 32 point-buy or roll 4d4+2 six times (6m4d4+2z). If you choose to roll, you can't take the point buy, unless you roll total stat mods of +3 or worse (in which case you may reroll or take point buy).
HP: Max at L1, roll or take average afterwards.
Gear: A single item of up to 4,000gp (see below) and 5,000gp plus half of anything you didn't spend on that single item. No other single item should be worth 4,000gp or more.
|My item is a Rust Bag of Tricks, given to me by my old mentor. It's worth 3k so I get 5k + 1k/2 = 5,500gp of other stuff, but non of it can cost more than 4k|
Flaws/Traits: One of each.
Personally, I find writing up characters quite effort-intensive and as this will be a one-shot, not guaranteed to go on for a long time, I don't want an essay. Do please include the following details:
- Name, Race, Class(es)
- A brief description of your character's appearance and personality (really, doesn't need to be more than a short paragraph for each)
- A few words on how your character got one of their items (i.e. the up-to-4k one) and what it means to them. It's OK if this is just "I bought it"/"I was given it" etc, but flesh it out a bit.
- How would your character react if faced with a) a locked door they must pass, b) a really scary monster, c) being thrown into a prison cell?
- Why is your character hunting Necrocarnum Zombies? Are you a Lawful Good Soulborn, out to protect the realm? Or just a mercenary, hired to do the same? A short paragraph is enough.
- What's your favourite D&D 3.5 supplement? (I'll give you a clue...)