Sidelines (OCC Thread)

Okay I am still melding the two worlds into one <whew> and I have one of your "initial" missions already outlined its called "Treading on Egg Shells"

What covenants are going to be in the city. Because since Knight of Holy Wor's character is Invictus and I'm unaligned, it could make for some interestingmulti-covenant storylines.

Well look at New Orleans in the book I am pretty much keeping those just melding them a bit differently -- however in a nutshell

Lancea Sanctum Dominate the area but are split into two factions sort of -- current Prince controls Downtown and the areas north of that -- second faction controls The Strip and most of the areas surrounding it.
Carthians are neutral and currently control No Man's Land and maybe the University
Circle of the Crone they control Old Town and The Projects and are at odds with the Lancea Sanctum mostly
Invictus I think they are there but play a much smaller role have not entirely decided where to put them maybe the Docks

Does that help answer your question

Oh just thought I would put this out there -- if you guys have any suggestions on how to meld Sin City with the New Orleans City by Night and the real Las Vegas -- do let me know I am open to suggestions and ideas from my players. I am already changing a few names from the New Orleans by Night to merge into the Sin City genre which will of course terraform the Sin City genre some as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoker View Post
Well look at New Orleans in the book I am pretty much keeping those just melding them a bit differently -- however in a nutshell

Lancea Sanctum Dominate the area but are split into two factions sort of -- current Prince controls Downtown and the areas north of that -- second faction controls The Strip and most of the areas surrounding it.
Carthians are neutral and currently control No Man's Land and maybe the University
Circle of the Crone they control Old Town and The Projects and are at odds with the Lancea Sanctum mostly
Invictus I think they are there but play a much smaller role have not entirely decided where to put them maybe the Docks

Does that help answer your question
Somewhat. But I don't have the New Orleans book and only have the two first trades of Sin City. However given that Theodore is ranked in the Invictus and arrived in town a few weeks back. He would want and try to know all the who's who of the city in order to start working towards accomplishing the mission set by his superiors outside the city.

New Orleans is in the back (appendix section) of the main Vampire book for nWoD

However I thought your character was in Lancea Sanctum .... hmmmm.... okay so I might shift gears on that then and give the Invictus a bigger role. I will have to figure out how that is going to play out politically wise though before implementing it.

Quote:
New Orleans is in the back (appendix section) of the main Vampire book for nWoD
Indeed, but these are really summary lines all the core has is four NPCs briefly detailed (Pearl being the only one expanded upon more then a paragraph) and about a page about how they are one of the weakest covenant in the city (that's not a bad thing thought makes for interesting RP)

Please take my comment meaning that since my knowledge of Sin City is limited by the two books I own and since I don't have City of the Damned: New Orleans. Then I feel like I don't have a lot of meat to work with that wouldn't be stepping on your toes by making stuff up whole sale

Quote:
However I thought your character was in Lancea Sanctum .... hmmmm.... okay so I might shift gears on that then and give the Invictus a bigger role. I will have to figure out how that is going to play out politically wise though before implementing it.
Yes he's Invictus through and through.

I don't mind the invictus being minimal in the city as far as numbers and strength goes if that's what you need to make your story. In fact that works well with my character's background and reason for being here. I'm just inquiring on npcs positions and such in the city to have a good overall of the city to build upon.

Well I think I had envisioned you in a more pivotal situation in my mind but again I'll re-examine that and the other submitted characters before fleshing too much more out so that I do not write the concept of my plan right out of the game -- that being most important element really for me anyway

Excuse me for intruding but is this game still accepting players as I saw the ad was closed but I didn't see any post about acceptance and there is only two players in the game.

Game is still open for applications --- I did not close that ad the Moderators did <shrug> but it is also a game in building -- that is to say I am working at forming the city for all to play in but I also got rather busy at work so its been a rather slow process thus far but I am still plugging away on it.