The Mausoleum

 
Rulet peeks out from behind the dwarf, getting his sling ready just in case something does spring out.

Arial looks on bemused as the others look at her after testing the weight of the sarcophagi lid...

"Don't look at me... do you see how spindly my arms are." Arial replies by way of response.

Stilgar Tuek

Stilgar looks at the sarcophagus lid dubiously. With a grunt he
str:
Dice Roll:
1d20+2
d20 Results: 5 (Total = 7)
tries to shift it.

"Well, ye could try pitching in here lass. Might take a bit of help to get this off." Stilgar begins testing the resistance from various angles, bracing against the wall, and finally putting both feet halfway up the wall and pushing with both hands against the lid. At full stretch he gives a
Taking 20, so hit DC 22, or higher with any successful aid.
herculean grunt of supreme effort, slips, and falls flat on his face.

"Alright... Lady Dana, your assistance may also be required," Liarra said as she put her hands to the lid and shoved.

Was that a slight give in the lid? Excellent. "Once more, proper leverage, and 'ware your posture. Don't throw out your back pushing!" the monk encouraged Stilgar as she
Take 10 on Str check for Aid Another
pushed with all her might.

Dana sheaths her sword and steps forward to assist. The paladin flexes her fingers and rotates her shoulders, loosening her muscles before straining them, then grabs a section of the tomb's lid and begins to apply
Aiding
str:
Dice Roll:
1d20+1
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 12)
[
her strength.

With your combined effort and strength you manage to shove the lid enough off to peep inside.
Inside each one is a desiccated corpse dressed in a burial robe and shrouded in linen. There is no sign these are in fact undead.

OOC: Each of the participants must make a constitution check DC 14 or be fatigued for 1 minute.

Stilgar Tuek

Peering inside the sarcophagus, Stil breathes a
con:
Dice Roll:
1d20+3
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 17)
sigh of relief to see there are no more undead.

Arial's eye's widen as the lid's are taken off, holding her flask of alchemical hell fire nervously the young wizardress remembers to breathe following Stilgar's lead.

"Well I'm not going to poke around inside there..." Arial said as a matter of fact, glancing at Rulet expectantly.

"No," Liarra said,
Fort Save:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 8 (Total = 12)
panting from the exertion. "Don't desecrate the tomb if there are no undead. Let's leave it and move on."

She takes a step, then slides down the wall to a sitting position. "Or maybe let's take a breather for a minute."

How long does the Dex damage last?
Poison





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status