Old Oct 5 '12, 7:09pm
Young Adult Dragon

Kingmaker: Crusader State

Kingmaker: Crusader State - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion
Ad Closes: Oct 15 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Now Accepting Applications.

also, for those not familiar with Golarion and looking for regions, visit www.mapsofgolarion.com and then use the Pathfinder wiki to learn about your home.

Game Description:

Estimated Party Size: 4-6

While I love the entire Pathfinder Setting, two particular aspects of the game have always intrigued me: The Kingmaker AP and the Worldwound. So I decided for my first attempt at GMing, I've decided to blend the two together to form Kingmaker: Crusader State.

I'm looking for 4-6 players who would be interested in playing the Kingmaker AP through the lens of forming a support state for Mendev and Lastwall. You would come into conflict with the River Kingdoms and Brevoy, who both eye the unclaimed Greenbelt covetously and, perhaps, bandits and other forces that would resist the idea of another Crusader State being formed. The Church of Iomadae, with cooperation from other Good Deities, would sponsor your efforts— and while the worship of these Gods isn't necessary, a desire to prevent Demons from conquering the world is.

Character Creation and Application Requirements
Start Level 1
20-point buy, only 1 ability pre-racial bonuses can be bought at 18 and only 1 can be bought at 7.
All classes and archetypes.
1 Addition: Fighters get 4 Skill Points and all players may treat either Knowledge Religion, Local or Planes as a Class Skill.
Applications close in 1 week.

Character Resume for Application
Character Name:
Class:
Race:
Deity: (if any)

Background: 3-4 Sentences. Please include: Region of Golarion they're from, most defining moment of character's life thus far (simple as receiving their first sword or casting first spell to as complicated as being a Half-orc raised by Dwarves), and how they were recruited for this mission.

Motivations: 3 Bullet Points.
Examples: • Greed • Glory • Power
or • Redemption • Hatred of Demons • Devotion to Sarenrae

Goals: (3 short sentences)
1 Short-term attainable goal (I want to clear the Thorn River of Bandits)
1 Mid-term attainable goal (I want to become a _________ or become known a great __________)
1 Long-term pie-in-the-sky goal (I want to seal the Worldwound, defeat a Balor, conquer Brevoy etc)

3 NPCs important to your character: 2 friendly (family, friend, mentor, parnter etc) and 1 rival.

That's it, you can do character sheets before or after being accepted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Description

A terrible rumor is whispered throughout Avistan. The Wardstones preventing the Demons of the Worldwound from escaping it's bounds are wavering. The long-standing stalemate between the Crusaders and the Demonic forces will not last forever.

The Church of Iomadae knows the only way Golarion can withstand the Abyss is to take the fight to the Worldwound, to drive this otherworldly evil back to whence it came and find a way to close the rift. But Lastwall and Mendev, the only remaining Crusader states are stretched too thin. Their resources dedicated to survival, within nothing left over to mount an offensive.

A new, fresh ally is needed. One who can provide relief to Mendev and Lastwall. One that can support a fresh Crusade and lead the charge to reclaim the lands that were lost. And since such an ally does not exist, it must be created.

The Greenbelt, the Stolen Lands, whatever the fools of Brevoy and the River Kingdoms may call it; lies unclaimed and unsettled to the east of Mendev and Lastwall. Close enough to provide supplies, trade and vital reinforcements, yet far enough away from the Worldwound to escape its immediate threat. That is where the hopes of the Crusaders, Avistan and the whole of Golarion rests.

And so a new crusade, a crusade of diplomacy, of colonization and of nation building must begin. Brave, wise and noble individuals must be chosen to lead this endeavor, upon which the fate of all resides.

Last edited by P33J; Oct 6 '12 at 1:01pm..
I like your character, Brian. Welcome to the site. If you need help with how Myth Weavers works, feel free to ask; most people here are friendly. What helped me the most is that if you press the 'Quote' button at the bottom of any post, it shows you what the post looks like when the person made it; that's the only way I got to know how to make tables, and do rolls, and such. Also, the Go Advanced button at the right of the box where you type helps.

And, of course, the Help tab at the top of the page, but there's a lot there to read through, it can be intimidating.

Brian feel free to just post your character app in the applications forum. I think you did, but I want to make sure everyone knows to just do that. Things are looking cool, some really surprising character pitches, I'll keep this open until the 10th and then take 2 days to make my decision.

P33J: When you wrote:

Fighters get 4 Skill Points and all players may treat either Knowledge Religion, Local or Planes as a Class Skill.

Do you mean all fighters may treat either Knowledge Religion, Local or Planes as a Class Skill or all characters (not just fighters) may treat one of those Knowledges as a Class Skill?

Very Interested.
Will start thinking about a character concept.

Most likely going to be a monk of some kind.

Don't know about anything else so far.
_
Thinking about Sohei. But allot of people seam to dislike that Archtype. (Because they want to where armor and flurry) Not realizing you can't do that just because the Sohei gets Light Armor Prof.

I was thinking more just taking the Archtype and not bothering with the armor. (using the unarmed Wis+Monk AC Bonus)
And just using it to gain the ability to flurry of blows with a spear.
_
So before I do that. (Which is allot like buying a airline for free salted peunuts.

Can I simply ask a quick question.
_

Is there anyway that the DM Might let me pick up two abilities without having to take a Archtype that does so much to change Monk.

#1: Flurry of Blows with a spear or long sword. (One or the other)
Making a note that the Spear is by all standards a pretty sub-par two handed weapon. (Being Simply)
1d8 x3. (Battleaxe) (Brace, 20ft thrown)
So its actully really no better then a longsword/battleaxe.

#2: Weapon Finesse with a spear.
Again this is not as bad as it sounds. You can flurry with a elven curved blade.
Which is a better weapon then a spear anyways.

Why: OK so basically my point is that. Mechanically Flurryig with a spear and weapon fiesse.
Is really less effective then Flurrying and Weapon Finesseing a Elven Curved Blade. (Which you can do with a Sohei)

So it's more of a flavor thing.
That is what I was thinking of for my character basically just a really good spear fighting monk.
But its actually nearly impossible to do that.

I would even be alright with the ideal of making a exotic version of a spear like.

1d8 Damage. X3 Damage. (Monk, Weapon Finesse) (No Brace or throwning)

Damn, this thing is unsurprisingly getting lots of interest very quickly!

BTW, Churlish, I think there is a thread for applications.

Well bugger, so there is.

Serves me right for applying after an all nighter I guess.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstarraven View Post
#1: Flurry of Blows with a spear or long sword. (One or the other)
Making a note that the Spear is by all standards a pretty sub-par two handed weapon. (Being Simply)
1d8 x3. (Battleaxe) (Brace, 20ft thrown)
So its actully really no better then a longsword/battleaxe.
It is worth noting that by default monks have proficiency with the Temple Sword, which is an exotic one handed slashing 1d8, 19-20/x2, trip and monk weapon. If I'm making a western-style monk, I usually refluff this a little as some kind of straight blade anyway. It's not weapon finesseable, but it is basically a longsword.

On a more general note, all of the apps are great, but they all seem to be spellcasting heavy. I have an idea for a frontline melee type, and I can probably get another app done in four or five days. Do you have any objections to me applying with a second character idea, with the caveat that I'm only getting approved to join the game between zero and one times?