General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

HALO 4: Forward Unto Dawn

I was pretty amazed by it. Can't wait for the last two installations!
I totally did a fangirl swoon over the elite at the end of the third (most recent as of this posting) episode.

Holy Wow! Part IV was awesome. Some of the lines were a little cheesy ("You can call me, Master Chief."), but the action was heart racing.

But the best line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock View Post
But the best line:
Hahaha..YES!

Agreed! One of those awesome "duh" moments in TV.

MadTV's skit had a more convincing master chief than this one. Jeeze, was this bad and cliched. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by impfireball View Post
MadTV's skit had a more convincing master chief than this one. Jeeze, was this bad and cliched. :P
How so? I mean, it seems pretty faithful to the games, and in the games, he is cliched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkWren View Post
How so? I mean, it seems pretty faithful to the games, and in the games, he is cliched.
No excuse to produce it like this. And it's only as faithful to the games as much as master chief is there.

I would've preferred a Michael Bay rendition than anything remotely 'serious' as this attempts, as it'd do it more justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impfireball View Post
No excuse to produce it like this. And it's only as faithful to the games as much as master chief is there.

I would've preferred a Michael Bay rendition than anything remotely 'serious' as this attempts, as it'd do it more justice.
Produce it how? How is it unfaithful to the games? Master Chief has always been a largely silent, one-liner-delivering character, and I don't see any major deviations from that in the series. I think the tone fits (all the Halo games have had rather serious overtones, what with the whole "threat to all sentient life" and "invasion of Earth" scenarios), and Michael Bay couldn't direct an action scene if Joss Whedon did it for him.