Notices

Grey Knights Wanted

Old Oct 6 '12, 7:51am
Community Supporter

Grey Knights Wanted

The Eternal Vigilance - Forum
Deathwatch
Estimated Members Requested: 2

With the help of a fellow Game Master and Player, I have gone with an idea that will use a dungeon crawl style to this type of game. The primary focus is on being a Grey Knight of the Ordos Malleus. The game will heavily rely on the Dark Heresy Supplement Daemon Hunter and if some of the players who I invite do not want to play, the number of openings will increase. Right now I have two Grey Knight invitations out and a third invitation for a Battle Sister. I'm looking for two spots to fill. You can either be a Battle Sister using the Blood of Martyrs Supplement or an Ascended Cleric or Grey Knight. I'm still fleshing out starting rank. But I'm thinking Ascension of Rank 9 13,000xp for Cleric, and Battle Sister and or Rank 1 with 13,000 xp for Grey Knight and a starting specialization and heraldry. This way my invited friends already have character sheets done. Any takers. Acceptance will be based at the end. Background, Personality, Physical Description full completed character sheet are needed to start in this game.

Game Description:

The Eternal Vigilance

I now fear any attempt to describe Tzeentch will fail. Can one sketch a splash of water in mid air? Can one catch smoke in oneís bare hands? Can one give voice to the pleasures of a joyful dream half remembered? If one could know the Shifting Breeze with accuracy, if even for a moment, that understanding would become obsolete in an instant. Such is the vacillating nature of the Changer of Ways. Indeed, even the keenest mindís perception of the Great Mutator is, at best, fleeting, imprecise, fragmentary, partial, and distorted. As the even the finest archeotech relics can detect only the shadowy components of our reality, so too, we can only hope to perceive Tzeentch as a reflection. And, of course, any enlightenment that may brighten our dull, myopic eyes will have passed through the refracting lenses of the Great Conspiratorís deceptions, lies, and corruptions. Still I must puzzle it out; I have struggled too far along this path to turn away, no matter what fate may come to me or my world.

Through space, the Time of Fate has ascended for the Chapter of the Grey Knights to reclaim one of the seven Cloisters lost to them after Centuries ago, the Grey Knights failed to thrice bind a daemon back to the Empyrean. Reclamation of the Cloister must come at all costs. For time is of the essence and as the Cloister teeters on the brink of unleashing a manifestation of daemons into the world, the screaming Cloister is headed on to a crash course into the Screaming Vortex as if almost seemingly pulled and drawn into the vortex by the architect of fate himself. The grand conjunction where the schism of evil upon greater evil could have cataclysmic events.

Last edited by Dramacydle; Oct 6 '12 at 2:53pm..
I have an interest, got the Deathwatch book recently and would love to play - I have never played a game so are you open to a complet noobie?

That's great that you have the Deathwatch book but character creation will happen out of the Dark Heresy supplement Daemon Hunter, Dark Heresy Rulebook , Blood of Martyrs Supplement. I classified the game under Deathwatch because of the Grey Knight entity. As far as being a new player, I have played with a lot of wonder new players and have seen some of the best posting coming from new players. I also created a lot of friendships with noobs and find that new players are fresh and eager to post but sometimes can worry me because of loosing interest. While I'm also guilty of that too, I really would tell you to explore the Daemon Hunter Book and Dark Heresy book for rule creation. The reason I say this is because I'm going with a Grey Knight Squad based solely on several players whom I may get a couple Adepta Sororitas. Also while I like to write for fun, I'm not entirely a professional writer but I look for description of posts to a degree, feelings of the character and description of actions.

Brother Nicholas Rand

Speciality: Strike Squad
Chapter: Grey Knights, 2nd Founding
Past Event:
Personal Heraldry: The sword and the Skull
Personal Demeanour:
Power Armour History: The Aegis
Weapon Skill:
+5. GK, +3 Heraldry
ooc
Ballistic Skill:
ooc
ooc
Strength:
ooc
ooc []
Toughness:
ooc
ooc []
Agility:
ooc
ooc
Intelligence:
ooc
ooc
Perception:
ooc
ooc
Willpower:
+5. GK, +3 Heraldry
ooc
Fellowship:
ooc
ooc
Head: 8
Body: 10
Left Arm: 10
Left Leg: 10
Right Arm: 10
Right Leg: 10
Wounds:
Movement: -/-/-/-
Fate Points:
Insanity Points:
Corruption Points:
Skills:
Acrobatics (Ag)
•Awareness (Per)
Barter (Fel)
Blather (Fel)
Carouse (T)
Charm (Fel)
Chem-Use (Int)
  • Grey Knight
Ciphers (Int)
• Climb (S)
•Command (Fel)
  • Adeptus Astartes
  • Imperium
  • War
Common Lore (Int)
Concealment (Ag)
Contortionist (Ag)
Deceive (Fel)
Demolitions (Int)
Disguise (Fel)
• Dodge (Ag)
  • Ground Vehicles
Drive (Ag)
Evaluate
  • Inquisition
  • Daemonology
Forbidden Lore (Int)
Gamble (Int)
Inquiry (Fel)
Interrogation (WP)
• Intimidate (S)
•Invocation (WP)
Lip Reading (Per)
• Literacy (Int)
Logic (Int)
Medicae (Int)
  • Surface
Navigation
Performer (Fel)
[Personal][]1[/list]
Pilot (Ag)
•Psyniscience (Per) +
  • Codex Astartes
Scholastic Lore (Int)
Scrutiny (Per)
Search (Per)
Security (Ag)
Shadowing (Ag)
• Silent Move (Ag)
Sleight of Hand (Ag)
  • High Gothic
  • Low Gothic
Speak Language (Int)
Survival (Int)
Swim (S)
  • -
Tactics (Int)
Tech-Use (Int)
• Tracking (Int)
Trade (Int)
Wrangling (Int)
Talents
Description.
New Talent
Use either hand equally well.
Ambidextrous
Remove bracing requirement for certain weapons.
Bulging Biceps
Gain +10 bonus to particular sense.
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Use any Astartes Weapon
Astartes Weapons Training
Re-roll failed tests to avoid pinning
Nerves of Steel
Ready as a Free Action.
Quick Draw
Gain +10 bonus to Resistance Tests.
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Reduce Critical Damage the character takes.
True Grit
Deal 1d10 –3+SB with unarmed attacks.
Unarmed Warrior
Attacks do 1d10+SB Damage and lack the Primitive trait.
Unarmed Master
always confirm righteous fury vs daemons
DAEMON HUNTER
pg
Warp Bane
pg
Brotherhood of Psykersl
+10 vs daemons
Hatered (Demons)
pg
Psy-rating-2
2 attacks melee
Swift Attack
Initiative is 2d10+agility bonus
First to Fight
Extra reacion to parry
Wall of Steel

Traits
Unnatural Strength (x2)
Unnatural Toughness (x20

Melee WeaponsName: The Sommersword Nemesis Force sword
Class: MeleeDamage: 1d10+ Type: E Penetration: 4
Special Rules:+10 Field rating, sanctified, special, Balanced

Ranged WeaponsName: Storm Bolter
Class: Basic Damage: 1d10+9 Type: X. special Penetration: 5
Range: 100m Rate of Fire: S/2/4 Clip: 60 Reload Action: 2 Full
Special Rules: Storm, Tearing, ammo types

EquipmentEquipment Name (Source) - Weight
Pg 135, Daemon Hunters
Personal Teleporter
Grants Dark Sight, Heightened Senses )sight, hearing) +10, Auto Senses.
Armor

Psychic PowersPower Name (Source) - Focus Time - Sustained? - Discipline
Action: Full
Range: You
Opposed: No
Sustained: Yes
Effect: Pg 129 Daemon Hunters
THE SHROUDING - Full - Yes - Grey Knights

Action: Free
Range: 100m
Opposed: No
Sustained: Yes
Effect: adds 1 to Unnatural Strength for damage only
NEMESIS HAMMERHAND - Free - Yes - Grey Knights

Rank 1 (12,000+)
Total:
Pilot-Personal-500
Wall of Steel-500

Rank 2 (17,000+)
Total:

Rank 3 (21,000+)
Total:

Rank 4 (25,000+)
Total:

Rank 5 (30,000+)
Total:

Rank 6 (35,000+)
Total:

I would be interesting in applying as a sister of battle, just have to go through the (frankly badly laid out) character creation.

Ah, going to withdraw my interest. I never liked how SoB was designed in that book, compared to the other one. Best of luck with the game.

Hey Drama, love ya bud. Miss ya bud. I have never played Dark Hereshy. Let me know what books I need and I will see what I can come up with. If you don't mind me applying to join Drama.

The Grey Knights are the Power Troops who are basically second edition Priests with chainsaw sword?