Notices

Night Angels: From the Ashes

Old Oct 6 '12, 1:45pm
Resident Pyromaniac

Night Angels: From the Ashes

Night Angels: From the Ashes - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 4

I had an idea whilst discussing one of my favorite series for a game. As I am wont to do, I've embroidered on it a bit, and now I just need some players to give it that spark of life.

Warning: This game is going to be dangerous in the extreme. I don't DM with gloves on ever, and this world is a dangerous one. If you are faint of heart, this might not be the game for you.

[fieldset= Character Generation]Level: 8th (27,000 xp)
Stats: 36 Point Buy
Health: Max until 8th, rolled thereafter.
Wealth: 27000 gp
Flaws/Traits: No
Feats: 1 bonus feat at first level.
Races: You must ask, and provide reasoning, for any non-human race. Midcyru is a human society.
Alignment: Trustworthy. The High King has put his trust in you. He wouldn't trust someone obviously Evil.

Class Options: Tome of Battle
Warlock
Beguiler
Warmage
Favored Soul
Spirit Shaman
Shujenga
Duskblade
Rogue/Swashbuckler
Fighter/Knight
Fighter/Swashbuckler
Ranger/Scout
Monk/Swashbuckler
Sorceror
Bard
Barbarian

Game Description:

The events of the Night Angel trilogy took place over sixty years ago. A new High King, Brandon Gyre, grandson of Logan Gyre, was crowned earlier this year. The past few decades have been prosperous ones. However, recent events have the new king worried for his people. He has gathered a small group of elite people to combat these threats. Will they succeed?

Last edited by Techwarrior; Oct 15 '12 at 12:04am..
Under the allowed classes, he put,
Rogue/Swashbuckler
Fighter/Knight
Ranger/Scout

I think that means those classes, and those classes only, are gestalted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
The High King has put his trust in you. He wouldn't trust someone obviously Evil.
I really want to be an Evil Beguiler (or Warlock or something similar) just for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGoblin View Post
I think that means those classes, and those classes only, are gestalted.
Yeah, that's where I got to as well, I just read "Rogue, Fighter,Ranger all get Gestalted with another class" but not the rest of it for some reason. Third time lucky I guess.

Hmm, interesting...I'll put up an app for a Ranger/Scout shortly. As I understand it, that's one of the only three allowed gestalt options which has been confusing so many people.

I hope to do it justice. I'm an active force on the weave, which means...if you're posting, I'm posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syltha View Post
I was always interested in trying to run this kinda game, if you hadn't already looked at them then Psychoactive Skins work really well as Ka'kari =]

Interested in a Rogue/Swashbuckler, are we okay to take some creative license with the progression of the story or do you have some things set in mind? I was thinking a character born into the ranks of the Society of the Second Dawn who has a magic item that grants him the ability to see the coranti (the unclean, the evil) and who kills those 'lesser' evils that essentially leaving the Night Angel to hunt down the big guys. Question, if I take a prestige class (probably the Avenger, essentially the Assassin but not Evil in alignment) I assume it'll take up both of the progressions (i.e. I get to sixth level and decide to take two levels in Avenger, I'd be a Rogue 6//Swashbuckler 6 Avenger 2 not a Rogue 6/Avenger 2//Swashbuckler 6)?
Depending on what you want to get creative with that's fine. So long as you don't get into the main characters of the series, or interactions between countries, go nuts. What you have currently is fine, though you'll need to detail how that item works so we can work out a price.

The gestalt classes should really be considered one complete class, and will be treated as such. Prestige classes do not get gestalted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
I really want to be an Evil Beguiler (or Warlock or something similar) just for this.
Go for it, I said obviously evil for a reason.

To those asking if being unfamiliar with the setting is alright:
Yes, when I get a chance I'll throw up a read-me for everyone detailing the important stuff, like how the magic works in the setting.

Wikipedia is your friend as well...An innovative view of the workings of magic, to be sure.

Do Red Mages still wear the feathered hats I associate them with?

got to place an app for your interesting parrying system, I gotta check it out

I do have 1 question if you use a towershield with both hands, can you then bash with it?