Notices

Night Angels: From the Ashes

Old Oct 6 '12, 2:45pm
Resident Pyromaniac

Night Angels: From the Ashes

Night Angels: From the Ashes - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 4

I had an idea whilst discussing one of my favorite series for a game. As I am wont to do, I've embroidered on it a bit, and now I just need some players to give it that spark of life.

Warning: This game is going to be dangerous in the extreme. I don't DM with gloves on ever, and this world is a dangerous one. If you are faint of heart, this might not be the game for you.

[fieldset= Character Generation]Level: 8th (27,000 xp)
Stats: 36 Point Buy
Health: Max until 8th, rolled thereafter.
Wealth: 27000 gp
Flaws/Traits: No
Feats: 1 bonus feat at first level.
Races: You must ask, and provide reasoning, for any non-human race. Midcyru is a human society.
Alignment: Trustworthy. The High King has put his trust in you. He wouldn't trust someone obviously Evil.

Class Options: Tome of Battle
Warlock
Beguiler
Warmage
Favored Soul
Spirit Shaman
Shujenga
Duskblade
Rogue/Swashbuckler
Fighter/Knight
Fighter/Swashbuckler
Ranger/Scout
Monk/Swashbuckler
Sorceror
Bard
Barbarian

Game Description:

The events of the Night Angel trilogy took place over sixty years ago. A new High King, Brandon Gyre, grandson of Logan Gyre, was crowned earlier this year. The past few decades have been prosperous ones. However, recent events have the new king worried for his people. He has gathered a small group of elite people to combat these threats. Will they succeed?

Last edited by Techwarrior; Oct 15 '12 at 1:04am..
Question: Eldritch Disciple requires and uses turn undead. Would you consider giving it to favored souls, or perhaps making it into a feat?

I was thinking about that myself for a different PrC that I was going to use in one of the characters. I won't give it to Favored Souls, but I'll allow the Death and Repose domains to grant the ability instead of the normal domain power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techwarrior View Post
I was thinking about that myself for a different PrC that I was going to use in one of the characters. I won't give it to Favored Souls, but I'll allow the Death and Repose domains to grant the ability instead of the normal domain power.
I don't think Death or Repose really fit Eldritch Disciple. Turn Undead is used to power Gift of the Patron for things like Healing Blast.

Alternatively, you should just say that Gift of the Patron can be used 3 + cha times per day. Basically the same thing without the turn undead feature. Would you allow that?

Heh, I was gonna make a ruby knight vindicator before I realized there wasn't any way to get turn undead and I was too lazy to ask. Ah well, my bard/warlock is great too, and we got lots of applicants who are bringing the smack, so mine will bring the tricksiness

Would you allow the Swiftblade?
If so would you consider allowing it for divine casters instead of arcane?
I was thinking of a Shujenga since they can cast haste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanaNari View Post
I'm conflicted.

I like the promise of a truly deadly game. I keep killing off my players and watching that has made me miss the "good ol' days" when I was the one who actually had to worry for my character's survival.

I'm not too sure about the rest of the setup. Can I have more of an idea of what you plan to do with this game? A portion of the story path- diplo game, explore dungeons game, get involved in all out wars game?
So, I take it the answer to my question was "no".