Notices

Rodrick

Just because I'm going to comment to everyone once; your application is very nicely done.

As a player you seem able to put up with my kabitzing pretty well, unlike our first half orc paladin who left in kind of a huff. It's always good to have players that are willing to work with a GM to fit into the campaign instead of expecting the world to revolve around their character choices.

Well the way I look at games is it's a story, and stories need to flow. So the characters need to fit into story not the other way around. So if we have a medieval theme and someone tries to wear mech. armor they should probably be kicked. I can't see justification in something crazy like that.

So was the half-orc pali the one that was trying to be the by product of rape, and worship a god way outside the tribe? If so I don't think it was unreasonable that you asked him to change stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bduds2006 View Post
So was the half-orc pali the one that was trying to be the by product of rape, and worship a god way outside the tribe? If so I don't think it was unreasonable that you asked him to change stuff.
That was him. It was like he picked Shoanti Tribesman as a place to be from because it had the word 'tribe' in it and he did not read any of the lore about them.

I'm seeing a lot of Half Orc Redeemer Paladins, both here and in other places in Mythweavers. Must be a trend.

I think I'm going to make up a Half Orc Ranger, one who was raised by Orcs until he escaped or something. And every time some Half Orc Paladin starts to whinge about how tough he had it and how kids made fun of him, my Ranger will laugh at him and talk about how his little sister used to beat him up. I mean, a Half Orc in human lands is still stronger and tougher. Half Orcs in a Orc tribe are weaker and would be living in real hell.

"Little kids threw rocks at you? Awwww. Poor baby. One night my mom got hungry and tried to eat me. Here's the scar from the bite she got out of my leg before I woke up."

Well, I'm sure your half-orc would intimidate the other men or cause a mob to chase you down. In any case do you think the general populace believe that half-orcs have more to redeem than other races? I feel that humans on the whole would have more to redeem than others, mostly because of their general greed and pushing native creature out of their home territory.

I dunno. Ask the guys who all wanna play Redeemers. I think it's a Half Orc only Paladin shtick.