Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

WOW: Mists of Pandaria

WOW: Mists of Pandaria

It's been a bit over two weeks now, thoughts?

I thought the initial leveling process seemed to really drag out but 88-90 seemed faster than before. I love the new zones and the dungeons are nice and casual so I don't have to only do heroics with certain friends and not others. In Cata I couldn't do heroics early on with a third of my friends who were a bit more casual towards gearing an proper rotation than I was.

Anyway, I haven't played WOW in 4 months or so and am enjoying new content again with friends like I figured I would. Worth the money.

Alliance - Uldaman

Have been so tempted to buy it but am sticking firm to my quitting of mmos thus far. It looks awesome but I have no confidence that I would be content with casual play and I definitely don't want to sink back into the mire of hardcore raiding!

Anyways, better run before I get the shakes again

Haha, well we're in a pretty laid back guild of adults. Most of us have kids and we raid around 12:30am to 3:00am central time. Quite a few second shifters and night owls on the west coast. We don't do much heroic mode hardcore raiding, just plod along at a nice casual pace. But yeah, I can see where that would be a problem.

I've been tempted.. They seem to rope me in with each expansion.. I play for a month, then fall out of it.. I'm trying to say NO, but the fact that the new Monk class has a "Drunken Master" sort of spec.... I don't know if I can stay away from that..

To ask why we fight is to ask why the leaves fall. We fight because of gravity... Yes... Somehow that makes sense. Don't question it!

"Why do leaves fall?" Is a philosophical question, not a physics one.

I think the drunken master is a tank, they seem pretty fun to play. I just started leveling one yesterday.

Blech. WoW. Seems so repetitive. What makes it fun?

Of all the MMO's I've played WOW makes it the easiest to log in, connect with other people, and do something. I've played a few other games and usually 50% or more of my time is spent organizing a group and replacing members who leave instead of simply playing the game. WOW is very easy to get together with people and run through a wide variety of content with their looking for dungeon and looking for raid features that set up the group and port everyone there automatically instead of waiting for the last 3 people to show up before you start. Or spamming public chat for one more healer. Here you can just que up and go.

I'm more of a Guild Wars person myself. Hard to go back to WoW after it.

I enjoy GW as well, although it needs some work.