Notices

Red Hand Reunion

Red Hand Reunion - Round 8

Vegan clings to life lying there on the ground not far from the surrounded fighter. Slygoth's shoulders bump into the wall as he is backed into the corner. At the same time he sees the other figure enter the room in the distance. "More of you vermin, is it? Well, at least now this fight is even!" With his last word, Slygoth lashes out at the wererat in front of him.

Somewhat shocked by the horror of yet another family member being a monster, Bel is snapped out of it when the rat snaps at her. She yells, "Slygoth, the female is my step mother Addy, shit, can lycanthropy even be reversed? Don't kill her completely!" She has no clue and wishes Dawn were here to advise...

"Don't kill? I'm more bloody worried about being killed myself," Slygoth snarls as his attack misses. The disease is already starting to work it's way through Slygoth's body. He can feel his muscles weakening, and his accuracy is proof. The wererat hisses at Slygoth as if to taunt him.

Acting on instinct, Bel marks the vitals of the rat as she jumps back and puts an arrow into the dire rat. Then she runs closer to the combat. Upon seeing Vegan is down, she pushes her limits, firing off more arrows at the dire rat pursuing her. One misses and the other nicks the huge vermin. She suddenly wishes she had brought more arrows. Maybe Dawn and Panitari will bring some more. Still, she can resort to melee if means a chance to save Addy. If there is even that chance.

Addy heals some of the wounds that she recently took. The other wererat seems to heal from all of the damage its body has suffered in this battle. Fully healed, the lycanthrope attacks Slygoth. It slices his sword at Slygoth but the blow is parried by the orcish double-axe. Addy, with no weapons on her, tears at Vegan with her dirty claws. She too is easily warded off by the fighter's defensive use of his weapon. He slams the axe head down towards the ground as the rat attempts to bite him. The move blocks the dire rat's gnashing teeth. Like a snake, Slygoth is most dangerous - and most defensive - when cornered.

The other rat charges across the battlefield towards Bel. It looks to Slygoth like the woman is dancing as she avoids the biting of the injured rat.

Sengir holds out his holy symbol. He tries to focus the power of his goddess at the wererat in front of him, but his holy attack misses the foul verminized humanoid. Panitari focuses on the wererat that is attacking Dawn and tries to attack it mind once again. She hits the creature and it looks about ready to fall over.

Dawn quickly loads her crossbow under the slashing claws of the wererat using Sally as a shield. The creature rakes the crossbow leaving a large gash, angering the young woman.

"Oh, you're going to pay for that!" she says as a thunderous boom erupts from her. Then Dawn directs her eye closer to their remaining wererat.

The last remaining skeleton fires an arrow at Panitari. It hits her, but is deflected but the magical protection that Dawn gave her early on in the battle. The field of magic surrounding Panitari is almost gone now, soon the hits are going to start hurting again. Nearly out of arrows, the skeleton chances leaving the safety of it's cover in order to grab the quiver laying in the bone pile of a fallen ally. He moves quickly for a creature with no joints or muscles to power his movements.

The last remaining wererat next to Sengir heals some of the wounds that have been inflicted upon it. He steps into a different position as he swings his sword at Sengir. The blade slices against Sengir's chest,
6 damage
cutting open his robes as well as his flesh.

Seeing that the battle in this room looks well in the hands of the heroes, Stigley decides to chase on after Bel, to see if the archer is going to need some assistance. He moves slower than Bel though in his heavier armor, so he isn't as light on his feet as the wilderness elf.

Vegan Hybrid (Avenger/Battlemind) (Knight Hospitaler)

Vegan clings to life.
Dice Roll: 1d20
d20 Results: 12
Death Save

Slygoth Einherjer, Human, Fighter

The wererats are likely the most dangerous of the trio in front of him, however the dire rat is injured... Slygoth decides a change of tactic is called for. If he can down the rat quickly, then it will give him room to move, protect the fallen Minataur, and concentrate fully on the lycanthropes.

Careful to keep his breathing regular, he feints at the male wererat, then reverses his strike towards the dire rat.

Dawn watches in satisfaction as the wererat crumples in front of her from her arcane attack.

"Panitari, are the others ok? Can you tell?" She speaks telepathically to the psion, concerned about the others. Bel may have only just left but the young woman had no idea how the others were fairing in their fight. Hopefully, things were going as well as here. Of course they are, she scolded herself. Slygoth is over there.

Just then, the young woman spots the skeleton as it shuffles over with a hollow rattle to pick up another quiver of arrows. "Oh, no you don't." She says and aims her crossbow at the skeleton and fires.

Bel adjust back from the rat and puts another arrow into the damn vermin. She snaps at Slygoth, "Just stay alive a bit longer, blue. I don't need you to die any time soon." It dies and she marks the non-Addy wererat in her mind as her new target.

"The last I heard from Vegan they were still alive,but they are too far for me to tell right now and my energy is running low so I can not reach anyone's mind that is very far from me right now.But I'm sure they will be fine after all Bel went to help." Thinks Panitari then she focus on the skeleton and
Mind Thrust
attacks it's mind.

Sengir
s43
steps back and places a glowing hand on his body to heal his

Turning his gaze towards the rat he attempts to burn it's mind.

Red Hand Reunion - Round 9

Vegan continues to cling to life, but every second that passes him by without aid is another chance to bring him closer to death. The wererats are likely the most dangerous of the trio in front of Slygoth, however the dire rat is injured... Slygoth decides a change of tactic is called for. If he can down the rat quickly, then it will give him room to move, protect the fallen Minotaur, and concentrate fully on the lycanthropes.

Careful to keep his breathing regular, he feints at the male wererat, then reverses his strike towards the dire rat. He lands the blow on the rat, and though it is badly injured from the attack, it does not die. Bel adjust back from the rat and puts another arrow into the damn vermin.

She snaps at Slygoth, "Just stay alive a bit longer, blue. I don't need you to die any time soon." It dies and she marks the non-Addy wererat in her mind as her new target.

The male wererat swings his sword, but misses the cornered warrior. Addy; however, bites
7 damage
deep into Slygoth's arm. The last remaining dire rat snaps at Slygoth, but is too hurt to make a connection. Bel and Slygoth see another figure enter the room. They hear the sounds of chainmail rattling as it moves. Bel's elven eyes can see better in the dark, and she notices the Brindol guard with the helmet that covers his face has come to give them help, but he is obviously winded from his run, and it looks like he is having trouble seeing in the dim light.

Dawn watches in satisfaction as the wererat crumples in front of her from her arcane attack.

"Panitari, are the others ok? Can you tell?" She speaks telepathically to the psion, concerned about the others. Bel may have only just left but the young woman had no idea how the others were fairing in their fight. Hopefully, things were going as well as here. Of course they are, she scolded herself. Slygoth is over there.

Just then, the young woman spots the skeleton as it shuffles over with a hollow rattle to pick up another quiver of arrows. "Oh, no you don't." She says and aims her crossbow at the skeleton and fires.

The skeleton bends over to get the arrow quiver and the arrow flies over the skeleton's spinal column. The bolt strikes the shield on the wall and deflects off of it without a scratch. The skeleton returns to it's upright position with it's new arrows without ever knowing it was even attacked. Dawn guides her Punishing Eye closer to the wererat. She knows that he's the biggest threat in this room, and that eye will be need against it.

"The last I heard from Vegan they were still alive, but they are too far for me to tell right now and my energy is running low so I can not reach anyone's mind that is very far from me right now. But I'm sure they will be fine; after all Bel went to help." Thinks Panitari then she focus on the skeleton and attacks it's mind.

The skeleton may have avoided Dawn's bolt, but it's skull erupts when Panitari attacks it. It's skull turns to powder from the attack and the rest of the bones fall into a pile, with both quivers and the rest of it's gear mixed in. Sengir steps back and places a glowing hand on his body to heal his wounds.

Turning his gaze towards the wererat he attempts to burn it's mind. Aided by Dawn's eye, Sengir manages to wrack the rat with mental pain. It looks up at Sengir. Wounds continue to heal on the beast. He moves towards Sengir. It looks like he is trying to put Sengir between himself and the ladies for some reason. He sweeps his sword at Sengir and cuts a
8 Damage
gash in the cleric's shoulder.

Vegan Hybrid (Avenger/Battlemind) (Knight Hospitaler)

Vegan feels his life slipping away.
Dice Roll: 1d20
d20 Results: 5
Death Save