On posting actions:
Time is a relative thing in PbP games, since we all have the ability to type up a lot of actions prior to having other people contribute, especially outside of combat.
From what I'm seeing, it looks like we have a bit of confusion occurring with regards to actions, as well as assignments of duty. With no set leader, it's not surprising, but we're dealing with people making contrary suggestions.
1. Read the posts prior to your own. A lot of detail can be gleaned about a person's intentions and suggestions by reading the statements they make, and indicating their general state of being in their RP. Without reading the previous posts, people will look like idiots making contrary suggestions to something that's just been said, fairly similarly to the Three Stooges style of comedy.
- Geoff suggested Mia and Dendara check out below-decks following tying up the prisoners.
- Mia then proceeded to tie up the crew and suggest that she and Melanie check out below-decks.
2. Try to assume nothing. The DM has final say, and assumptions will only result in retcons.
- Mia checked each of the crew and found a pulse. In character, we have no idea whether the men are still alive. Even a punch can be lethal if done wrong. Also, we just saw one of the crew graphically kill himself. We have no guarantee that any of the crew is still alive.
Those are just some recommendations that I think would help. I'm certainly not policing people's posts, but I'd like to point out the issues I see to avoid them going forward.
Man, I feel like such a jerk this game. :P