Notices

Teen Titans #2 - Smoke and Mirrors Pt. 2

Robin cocks an eyebrow and a deadpan smile at Catwoman, "Yeah. I'm sure you're crushed."

He nods to them all, his face far more serious, "Thank you, each of you, thanks. Get some rest. Get something to eat. I'm going to start sifting through what data I was able to get before the communication blackout to see if I can find out what Abra has planned."

He moves back to the chair at the computer, a series of holo-screens springing to life around him. He glances at Arrowette with a look that seems to say "this is about as alone as we get in a single room bunker."

Catwoman
Dodge: 7 / Parry: 3 / Fortitude: 7 / Toughness: 7 / Will: 6
Condition:
Hero Points: 1

"Comming from you, I'll take that as an apology... mini Bat" Although the comment could be taken as mocking, the respectful nod that accompanied it showed its nature as a compliment.

Stretching fully, Catwoman goes to the pantry and retrieves a steak and potatoes ration. Probably it will be too cooked for her tastes, but she could handle a not so good dinner or two for now.

While she heated her dinner, she let her arms back to her complete human shape, the fur slowly dissapearing and blending with a soft golden skin that would be the envy of any pale woman.

She noticed that Arrowette and Robin seemed to still be working, so sighing and rolling her eyes with humor took two other dinners at random, heated them and took them to the other youngs "Eat you two, you'll be of no use fatigued while playing detective" she just said before going to her own dinner

Mechanics
  • Free Action:
  • Move Action:
  • Standard Action:

LIAN HARPER
ARROWETTE
CONDITION: Normal '''''''''''''' HERO POINTS: One

“Shove over Bird-Brain, I’ll give you a hand.” Lian joked and shoved him playfully in the shoulder. She moved to stand behind his chair and leaned over his shoulder while she watched him set the computer up for multiple stations, generally invading his personal space. “I know of a Trigon, but I really hope this is someone else,” she told him in a soft whisper. “If it is the same guy… we are in a lot of trouble. End of the world type trouble.”

She stopped talking when Catwoman came back with heated ration packs. “Oh!” She said, a bit surprised that someone would be so thoughtful, and wondering what kind of people she was spending time around that made her think that way. Lian smiled appreciatively at the other girl and took one of the meals. “Thanks.”

She dragged one of the other chairs in the room over to the computer station, and got to work. Robin would have dug into most of the obvious things, so she should probably try something tangent. Where had Raven been from? It was another planet or another dimension. She couldn’t be sure that that was also where her father had been from, but it was as good a place as any to start. Now what had it been called… it was in the first part of her meditation chant… Alapath? Azalath? Azarath? The last one sounded right.

D12+5 / F10 / P8 / T8 / W10

OOC
I'm not sure if you want me to do an investigation check now, but I think those are supposed to be rolled in secret by the DM anyway, so I'll leave that up to you OuO . She's basically just looking for any reference she can find to "Azarath" (or similar spellings XD).

Robin smiles at Arrowette as she leans over his chair, "Sure, Any help would be great... Speedy.

He takes the meal from Catwoman when it's offered and gives a genuine thanks, before turning back to the screens.

Over the next few hours, Robin and Arrowette sift through countless terabytes of data, everything Robin could download before his system was cut off, and bit by bit they found pieces to the puzzle.

While her initial queries brought up hundreds of references to World of Warcraft, Arrowette eventually found information of Azarath, a dimension of Hell ruled by the Demon Lord Trigon.

Following up on that Robin spoke up, "Hm those links to "Trigon I mentioned in relation to the artifacts, turns out many of the earlier pieces were owned by individuals linked to something called "The Church of Blood" a Satanic... or I guess Trigonic Cult that was wiped in during the middle ages..."

Finally though, they found something tangible. Lian was sifting through the architecture section micro-film collection, where she manages to find an exert from from the journal of a 19th century Metropolis Architect named John Solomon.

I've hidden the final piece of the rite in my masterpiece. Each fragment passed on down the ages by faithful. And when one worthy gathers them, he will have a ritual... the ritual... so that our Lord of Blood's power may be borne within him...

ScottHero Points: 1
Dodge: 7; Parry: 4
Fort: 8; Tough 13; Will 12
Condition: Normal

"Um," Scott finished eating and wiped his mouth.

"I hate to sound stupid but uhm...What the hell is a Trigon?"

"No real clue..." Robin replies, looking over to Arrowette and cocking an eyebrow, "Any ideas?"

LIAN HARPER
ARROWETTE

“… Trigon was… is, I suppose… a demon. A god, I guess. Very, very powerful. I don’t remember a lot of the specifics, but he did some pretty nasty stuff. He came to the Earth to try and conquer it, and nearly destroyed it in the process. The Justice League was caught off guard, and in the end it was the Titans who stopped him, but only barely.” The truth was that they weren’t able to stop him. In the end it was only Raven who had been able to defeat him, and it had cost the sorceress her life. Lian had done some subtle digging while she was looking for information on Trigon and hadn’t found any reference to a hero matching her description. It was possible that Raven did exist somewhere here, living as a civilian, but it was just as likely that she was in Azarath or dead. There was no point in bringing up something that wouldn’t be helpful.

“The Church of Blood…” she paused, dragging out memories from almost a decade’s worth of dust, “tried to use his daughter to bring about the apocalypse. If they’re trying something like that now, we need to stop them before they can finish.” Before Trigon has a chance to actually show up, she added silently. She didn’t like their odds if they had to go up against him. Arrowette hit a few buttons on the computer so that the excerpt they had found was displayed large enough for them all to read it. “I think we need to go to Metropolis.”

"Doesn't make sense..." Robin counters, leaning back on his heels with a hand to his chin, head slightly twitching as he goes over the information again. "The painting came from Metropolis, why bring it here if Abra was just going to pop back again?"

As if to make Robin's point, a new holo screen snaps into existence, an emergency news broadcast playing across it,

"For those just tuning in, this is Allison West. Strange creatures, like something out of a Lovecraft story, have attacked the Millenium Bridge, cutting off all travel to and from either side of the bridge and trapping the hundreds of commuters that were currently in transit across the historic structure."

So far the monsters haven't harmed any of those trapped on the bridge, but have stopped any attempts from Law enforcement to rescue our trapped citizens. At this time we are unaware if this attack is related to the rumored superhero sighting earlier today, or the strange weather that's been plaguing our city. The Mayor has put in a call to the National Guard, but the question of everyone's lips is "Where are the Justice League?"."

Accompanying the report was footage of the millennium bridge, with strange winged monkey like beasts encircling it, and then snapping to clips of Thunderous clouds swirling in the sky, and the waters under the bridge bubbling as if they were boiling.

LIAN HARPER
ARROWETTE

“Remember, only the people came through the portals, the items could have ended up any-” she was cut off by the report before she could say anything else on the subject. Despite the gravity of the situation, she couldn’t help but be a little amused. Flying monkeys? Really?

Lian turned back to face Robin. “Rob, quick, who built the Millennium Bridge? Does it have any connection to John Solomon?”

ScottHero Points: 1
Dodge: 7; Parry: 4
Fort: 8; Tough 13; Will 12
Condition: Normal

"Um," Scott stared at the holo-projection. "Should we go do something to help?"

He looked at all the others, some of whom he only knew by their codename. "Should I have a hero name?" he asked quietly. "Or just be Scott?"