Notices


General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.


What to do if you meet an alien

   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
We haven't been alone on this planet for at least 6,000 years.
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
I'm going to guarantee that I'm not really the first. Sure, I may be the first one to do so publicly, but nobody really believes that they haven't been here before. Pyramids, Stonehenge, ancient Egyptians with advanced mathematics...come on. We haven't been alone on this planet for at least 6,000 years.
Given that not one of the supposed pieces of evidence for modern or ancient alien contact has any actual credibility whatsoever, I do in fact believe they haven't been here before.

What to do is very different from what you would do. I imagine most people would scream like a little girl and either a) faint, b) run, or c) attack. Flight or fight at its finest. Unless, of course, they were capable of processing information the same way we are, picked up our broadcasts, reverse engineered the technology, and transmitted a "we're coming by to say hi" message, thus giving us time to prepare ourselves mentally for the event about to take place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
Given that not one of the supposed pieces of evidence for modern or ancient alien contact has any actual credibility whatsoever, I do in fact believe they haven't been here before.
Whether they have been proved as credible pieces of evidence or not has no bearing on whether or not one believes that we have never been visited in the history of our planet. I am of the belief that we have not only been visited on multiple occasions, but that we haven't been alone on this planet since at least the time of the ancient Egyptians. Just because we don't have any credible evidence at this point in our history doesn't mean we won't have some if/when alien life-forms do become known.

I wanted to believe that, and used to read a lot of von Daniken when I was growing up... but then, well, found out that he was a fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
Whether they have been proved as credible pieces of evidence or not has no bearing on whether or not one believes that we have never been visited in the history of our planet.
Well, there's your problem, then.

You may want to rephrase what you wrote, because I'm not sure what you meant to say but in your current form it amounts to, "I claim this is true while I also have no reason whatsoever to do so", since such a reason would tautologically be 'credible pieces of evidence'.
Also, your argument so far defends aliens exactly as well as it does secret gopher societies and sentient brands of cheese, which you probably didn't intend it to defend.

God damn secret gopher societies.

What if we are aliens and we arrived on this planet with our memories altered to believe that we are originally from this planet?

What if we wiped out the people who lived on this planet before us but due to our memory alterations we don't remember them?

Also, how would you greet an alien coming in peace compared to an alien coming to wipe out the human species?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post
What if we are aliens and we arrived on this planet with our memories altered to believe that we are originally from this planet?

What if we wiped out the people who lived on this planet before us but due to our memory alterations we don't remember them?

Also, how would you greet an alien coming in peace compared to an alien coming to wipe out the human species?
Then why are we part of the fossil record?




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us