General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Xcom Enemy Unknown

Reviving this due to Enemy Within

Anyone else interested in the expansion pack? (And let's just forget that The Bureau exists. Not that it's a bad game, it's just not Xcom)

If you like XCOM: UFO Defense and Enemy Unknown (and its various expansions), you may want to take a look at Xenonauts. Admittedly, Goldhawk is taking forever with it, but they seem to be listening to feedback and dedicated to the end product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerim View Post
Reviving this due to Enemy Within

Anyone else interested in the expansion pack? (And let's just forget that The Bureau exists. Not that it's a bad game, it's just not Xcom)
Very much looking forward to enemy within, more xcom is always good.

As for the bureau i am looking forward to that as well, but i see it as an "alternate reality" of the setting.

I play on Xbox and already have both the
I got one of the first print copies with the Elite Soldier Pack in it, and I purchased SlingShot
other DLCs, so paying 40 bucks for just this expansion is a tough pill to swallow, especially since I'd essentially be paying for
It's not hard to find the base game for 20 bucks, and the Elite Solider and SlingShot DLC is about $10 more
$30 worth of stuff I already have.

Since Enemy Within is apparently not going to be available as a
I'd be willing to pay 15, maybe 20 bucks for it alone, especially if there's more to it than what's been shown, like they've been hinting at.
standalone DLC Download on consoles, you have to buy the $40 retail version with everything else. I feel that's...not right. I've be willing to wait for a price drop if I have to get the whole shebang instead of paying full price for crap I have already.

As for the content itself, I like the idea of the Gene Mods and new maps are always good. While the MEC suits look cool, it seems like the poor sap that uses them has to get all their limbs chopped off first. Yeesh...

Man, I feel like my timing is terrible... I bought my copy of XCOM soon before it went free for PSN users, and I bought the DLC that will now be packaged with this "expansion".

I love the game, but I feel like $40 (console gamer here) is way too much for something that sounds like glorified DLC. The new units are great, and the lack of variety in the maps was a huge detriment to the prior game that really bugged me on repeat playthrough, but given the game still ends the same... I just have a hard time seeing this as an expansion as opposed to really good DLC. And considering that I already own Slingshot and the unit customization DLCs, I really can't justify paying $40. When it drops to $20, maybe, during a slower gaming time.