Character Generation

Thats why I was asking if we can just drop the "base" requirements for classes such as high stats etc so people can play the classes they want. As long as a wizard/sorcerer can get access to normal spell progression then they aren't horribly crippled by a 12 or 13 int just no huge amount of bonus spells. A rogue doesn't need 18 dex to be viable, nor does a figher need 18 double ot str to make an impact.

Quote:
Also does this mean pixie is in since it is a "natural" fey race? They are tricky and can disguise as a regular human perfectly well to fit in and play their pranks.
I'll allow the pixie character, however, I would have to rule that you are not naturally invisible, and Otta's irresistible dance would not be in your abilities. Also, you would not have access to memory-loss arrows

Quote:
It's not just the bump in INT that would be needed - it would be a bump in the other stat necessary to qualify as a specialty mage. Enchanters need high CHA, conjurers need a high CON, etc. With my rolls, I don't qualify to be a mage.
Let me know which mage type you want to be and I'll allow the proper attribute raise.

I'll do the same for anyone else who wants to play a specific class, but doesn't have an attribute score high enough.to attain such.

Quote:
It's not just the bump in INT that would be needed - it would be a bump in the other stat necessary to qualify as a specialty mage. Enchanters need high CHA, conjurers need a high CON, etc. With my rolls, I don't qualify to be a mage.
Sorry, I was focusing on some S&W stuff when I posted this. Just let me know which mage type you want to build, and I"ll let raise your highest stat enough to qualify. The same goes for anyone else who doesn't quite qualify for the class they want. (the stat raised must be your highest stat).

So no invis at all or just naturally visible and must "turn it on"? Also, for 2nd ED PC Race for pixie they don't have the irresistable dance, Complete Humanoids pg 51, +1 dex/cha, -1 str/con, invis, poly, confuse, and fly

May I play as a Tabaxi - it is a race stated out on the www.spelljammer.org site. Thinking warrior or ranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichirineko View Post
So no invis at all or just naturally visible and must "turn it on"? Also, for 2nd ED PC Race for pixie they don't have the irresistable dance, Complete Humanoids pg 51, +1 dex/cha, -1 str/con, invis, poly, confuse, and fly
Crap, I wasn't thinking about the flying issue. I'm going to have to nix that one, unless you have a reason why you can't get off the ground for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chichirineko View Post
Crap, I wasn't thinking about the flying issue. I'm going to have to nix that one, unless you have a reason why you can't get off the ground for a while. As far as invisibility, It's one I may let you develop into later on if you choose to play it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrazor View Post
May I play as a Tabaxi - it is a race stated out on the www.spelljammer.org site. Thinking warrior or ranger.
Yeah, you could play a tabaxi. They're actually quite interesting characters and make for awesome rogues. However,you're going to have to explain his presence in a world where they don't generally exist, especially when spelljamming is unknown in this world

I'd rather create a character with what I rolled, because we don't always get what we want AND I like role-playing characters with some attributes that are below average. The problem is that with the stats I rolled, I'd have to be a minotaur just to get the +2 to STR and CON to even get any bonuses (gives me a 15 STR which is +1 to damage and a 14 CON which still gives no bonuses). Even with that, the penalties to WIS and CHA (-2 to each) make the character highly unwise and extremely anti-social. At best.

I just spent some time looking through Complete Humanoids to see about any races that give bonuses to Wisdom so I could play a priest as I think the stats I rolled would probably be well-suited to a specialty priest. Unfortunately, none of them give enough of a bonus to make it worth my while, but....

With a WIS of 13, no matter the race, I'd end up getting 1 bonus 1st level spell, and there's no chance of spell failure. Well, under normal circumstances, that is. I'm going to spend some time going through the Faiths & Avatars book to find out what type of specialty priest I could be, and will get my character created as soon as possible.

Merc, perhaps we can keep the pixie race as is but say he poly'd into a human to play a prank but got cursed and has to get the curse removed before he can use anything more than a human could? For the first however long he would just turn out to be a grumpy late teens human male with a bad attitude who keeps trying to do stupid things like fly or "borrow" things while in plain sight completely forgetting at times he isn't in pixie form or have any of the powers.

Maybe forced into the guard work as a way to pay off "Stolen" goods or as an alternative to the stocks or jail?