Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead - Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndl View Post
Wow. That is one heck of an assumption there, Azar.
Not really. Look up the rates if you're interested.

Divorce rates have absolutely nothing to do with moral standings, or willingness to cheat (or acceptance of others' willingness to cheat).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
Divorce rates have absolutely nothing to do with moral standings, or willingness to cheat (or acceptance of others' willingness to cheat).
An argument can be made that it is perhaps not so critical, but that it doesn't factor in at all? C'mon. Furthermore, it is conceivable to be "moral" in one area and "immoral/amoral" in another area.

Correlation and causation, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azar View Post
An argument can be made that it is perhaps not so critical, but that it doesn't factor in at all? C'mon. Furthermore, it is conceivable to be "moral" in one area and "immoral/amoral" in another area.

Correlation and causation, etc.
There's always the chance that it's possible, but likely? Or even plausible?

Most people get divorced because they're unhappy with the marriage for one reason or another. Those reasons are as numerous as the grains of sand on the beach. And for every person who divorces due to partner infidelity, how many couples stay together despite the same level of infidelity (or stay together because one partner is completely unaware it's happening)?

Unless there's a study done, and it shows that cheating is higher among divorced people than among those who are still married (which would probably be inconclusive at best, since those who haven't gotten caught yet are probably unwilling to divulge their secret), your assertion is nothing more than a biased assumption.

Putting all that aside, we don't need any of this America-bashing crap either. I don't talk crap about england or whatever the hell you're from, there is no need to toss your hangups on anybody else here.

Fair point. I'll not cause further thread drift with this subject. That said, i'm a US citizen...same as you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
My point isn't that she's having sex. My point is that she's banging her dead husband's best friend within 3 weeks of him apparently dying, during the zombie apocalypse, when she didn't make any effort to go to the hospital OR be at his side when he was there. But of course, she can forget all about him AND her son to have sex - in a scene that makes it seem like she was having an affair the whole time anyhow. Not to mention her midnight joy-ride to go find Rick by herself where she flipped the car.

My issues are with her judgement, not necessarily her actions. Why was she not at her husband's side when all hell broke loose? Why didn't she try to go to the hospital when the outbreak started? Why is she so easily able to overcome all hell breaking loose AND the death of her husband?

The writers did a fantastic job of making her a horrible human being.
Im not laurie bashing but there was that scene in season one where they do a flash back and shes at school getting carl when Shane pulls up in the squad car to tell her he had been shot. The writers hinted back then that the marrage was in trouble. Perhaps shane was shagging her even then.

I would have to go back and re-watch earlier episodes/seasons, but I thought there was conversation between Shane and Lori that suggested it was something that just happened in the heat of the moment and then just continued on from there after the outbreak. As I am going from memory, I could definitely be wrong. However, it's all just supposition at this point and we don't know any more than what the show has given us to draw from.

Additionally, interviews with the actors and the producers seem to indicate that they didn't see Lori as an antagonist or even necessarily as a bad person. Just someone struggling with the weight of life after zombies. The animosity seems to come entirely from the viewing audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excior View Post
in season one where they do a flash back and shes at school getting carl when Shane pulls up in the squad car to tell her he had been shot. The writers hinted back then that the marrage was in trouble. Perhaps shane was shagging her even then.
Remember when Shane dipped his french-fry in Rick's ketchup during their talk about Lori? It's a small, subtle, and great hint that there was something else going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azar View Post
Remember when Shane dipped his french-fry in Rick's ketchup
I'm going to use this as an expression

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystmesis View Post
I'm going to use this as an expression
Knock yourself out .