General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead - Season 3

Now if only they could get it right were a lot of the fire arms work is concerned.

Seriously, taking the safety off a Glock? Walking through a room of downed, armed CDC personnel and not grabbing the weapons, or even talking about grabbing them?

Oh, yeah, and I'm still hacked off about the thing with Sophia may have been powerful and all, but honestly, I can't get over the idea that the real reason it ended up on screen that way instead of following the comic book (Where in: Spoiler don't read past this skip to past the Parenthasise: She lives.))), is because someone either in the writers room or at the executive level wanted the shock value of making the innocent 10 year old a walker and forcing a group member to put her down.

Do Glock's not have safeties? I thought all Semi Automatic Pistols have safeties. Also Andrea's gun is not a glock. I don't think so anyways.

Not many people like touching or looting the dead. Although a lot of games and movies piss me off. In which someone walks by a soldier holding an assault rifle and the soldier is dead. So what do they do. Absolutely nothing! It doesn't make sense.

If anyone cares I have 1 opening in my Walking DEAD GAME. Check out my name and you will see it in the list of games i Play. We have the GMS we need so you don't have to be a GM and PC unless you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teraki View Post
Personally I quite liked season 2, I liked that the whole zombie apocalypse took a backseat, but I do have to admit, the premiere episode of season 3 kicked ass, I do have to agree with Greyfeld though, Andrea and Michonne's scenes felt very pointless.

The only reason I agree with this is because the farm to me was like an Island in the middle of a storm set off out in the middle of no where like it was. away from the Zombies It felt like it was in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
Do Glock's not have safeties? I thought all Semi Automatic Pistols have safeties. Also Andrea's gun is not a glock. I don't think so anyways.

Not many people like touching or looting the dead. Although a lot of games and movies piss me off. In which someone walks by a soldier holding an assault rifle and the soldier is dead. So what do they do. Absolutely nothing! It doesn't make sense.

If anyone cares I have 1 opening in my Walking DEAD GAME. Check out my name and you will see it in the list of games i Play. We have the GMS we need so you don't have to be a GM and PC unless you want to.
Gen 1-3 Glocks were Famous/Infamous (Depending on who you ask, I happen to think Infamous.) for having no safety other then "Don't pull the trigger till your ready to shoot." and a hair pin trigger pull (Meaning it required very, very, very little presser on the trigger, just an extremely light tap, to make the gun go off.).

Gen 4 (Current.) Glocks have a small level, built into the trigger, that acts as a safety. It automatically goes off when ever anything is contacting the entire front surface of the trigger and attempts to depress it, so for all truly practical intentions an purposes, if your older then 3 or so, it doesn't have a safety other then "Don't pull the trigger till your ready to shoot."

Full Discloser: I do not like Glocks at all. As far as I'm concerned, an equivalent Springfield Arms XD series firearm is Superior in every way except maybe ammo capacity, and then only if your pushing the high capacity mags Glock makes that surprisingly few pros use.

Again, this is one of the brands two major selling points and claims to fame. So, having the actor fiddle with the slide of the gun and then editing in a clicking sound, to anyone who knows firearms, was a really dumb move.

As for not looting the bodies, in a real, apocalyptic survival scenario, most people who actually make it half as far as this group has by now did so by not making the really foolish mistakes and by doing the practical, sometimes distasteful things. This is not, for the record, me justifying Shane's position, as that was just an excuse in his mind to justify everyone he didn't have the hots for + himself being expendable in a pinch. But there's a difference between leaving people to die and not taking a wonderful opportunity to grab weapons and munitions that could very well be the difference between living or dieing.

And in a show that prides itself on "realism", this was an utterly agreegus mistake.

Just goes to show that people don't do their homework, and expect nobody else will either. Which is probably accurate, since I think there are very few people who are watching the show that even notice this sort of thing, much less complain about it. That's not to say that you're wrong or whatever, just that I think it's something that most people don't know enough about to actually realize.

Then again, even as somebody who doesn't know jack about firearms, it's not abnormal for me to point out at least one situation in every episode where somebody demonstrates that they're too dumb to live :P

I didn't actually notice the safety thing, but it will be bugging the crap out of me now, cause glocks made most of my favorite hand guns and I actually knew that most of them lack any form of actual safety, but damn you people, let me stay focused on the action, story and drama, not the small details that will enrage me in the future. xD

I'd be much less focused on things like that if people would stop insisting that it's "Amazingly realistic.", particularly a couple of people I know who are massive Internet Trolls (To the point they sometimes forget to turn it off when there in person.)

I think the major issue with looting bodies was seen on Sunday: not all dead bodies are truly dead. Then again, put Rule #2 into use and you don't have to worry about it.

Putting rule two into effect when what's hunting you are walking corpses would be a duh, more so if you happen to have melee weapons that can kill fairly quietly handy.