Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead - Season 3

Ugh Zombieland. I hate that movie. LOL

I swore never to watch it and so far managed not to..
The trailer was so damn offputting, I'm not one to not watch a film based purely on a trailer and it's not purely on the trailer, really I just think if I watched it? I couldn't take anything zombie related serious anymore, it's like after I watched scary movie, I suddenly lost all interest in the scream films, which truth be told, might be a good thing in that particular case, but not when it comes to zombies.

EDIT: and to avoid not being the "completely off topic" guy.
So what is the favorite episode so far? of all the seasons.

The first episode is by far my favorite. They did a very good job of illustrating the horror and isolation that Rick must have felt upon waking up...

The season opener for this season is probably my second favorite.

My personal favorite was the last in season 2, with the exception Hershels Shotgun of never needing to reload, it felt extremely desperate and to me that is the core of a zombie apocalypse, the things we do when we are most desperate.

Not sure what my favorite episode is. I like the season opener of Season 3 a lot. But not sure if it is my favorite. The last 2 episodes in season 2 were great. I also love Episode 5 I think it is, in which Shane kills Otis.

Personally I am rooting for the next two deaths to be Lori and T-Dog. In that order preferably.

Lori for previously stated reason and T-Dog because he doesn't do anything. He doesn't add to the story he just takes away from it. He just detracts from the other characters and main storyline. I find that T-Dog is just a filler character and am upset with the creators for not giving us more to work with. If you're going to toss in a "Tyrese" replacement character. At least don't make it suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
Not sure what my favorite episode is. I like the season opener of Season 3 a lot. But not sure if it is my favorite. The last 2 episodes in season 2 were great. I also love Episode 5 I think it is, in which Shane kills Otis.

Personally I am rooting for the next two deaths to be Lori and T-Dog. In that order preferably.

Lori for previously stated reason and T-Dog because he doesn't do anything. He doesn't add to the story he just takes away from it. He just detracts from the other characters and main storyline. I find that T-Dog is just a filler character and am upset with the creators for not giving us more to work with. If you're going to toss in a "Tyrese" replacement character. At least don't make it suck.

I thought that they had a perfectly good way of dealing with the walkers when they lured them to the fence and stabbed them in the head, so I thought it a completely unnecessary move when they all opened fire and wasted all that ammo. I'll admit, that's a trivial point compared to some of the things pointed out, but I thought it was foolish. They had no way of knowing whether or not the armory was actually stocked, or even whether or not the zombies were a first line of defense for someone already inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Bones View Post
I thought that they had a perfectly good way of dealing with the walkers when they lured them to the fence and stabbed them in the head, so I thought it a completely unnecessary move when they all opened fire and wasted all that ammo. I'll admit, that's a trivial point compared to some of the things pointed out, but I thought it was foolish. They had no way of knowing whether or not the armory was actually stocked, or even whether or not the zombies were a first line of defense for someone already inside.
If they had stayed there, they'd have to eventually worry about zombies piling up and tearing down the fence from one side or the other. And you can't just leave the bodies piled up against the fence either, because the weight will eventually weaken the fence structure.

Putting that aside, camping out there would only work until they ran out of supplies, or another group came along and decided they wanted the place for themselves. It was either move in, or move on, and Lori's in need of a secure place to have her baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post

Not to nit pick, but....

Shane doesn't kill Otis. Shane wounds Otis, shooting him the leg, making it so Otis can't outrun Shane or the zombies. The zombies actually kill Otis.

And to stay on the topic of Shane and Otis...what moron walks into a school filled with zombies anyhow? I know they needed the medical supplies to help save Carl, but in that situation I'm going back to the farm and saying "Sorry, but the kid's gonna die. Why? Well, let's see you waltz into a zed-filled school and just pick up some meds."

With that said, that episode is my favorite episode. Why? It shows the Darwinian side of survival during the apocalypse. It's a great moral question: What would you do to survive? Would you injure the slow guy to increase your odds, or would you stick with him and hope that the zombies don't kill you both? One of the most thought-provoking (in my opinion) scenes in the whole series so far.

I think my favorite scene of the series is the bar scene.

Call me optimistic, but if zombie apocalypse were to ever happen, I would think the vast majority if living people would pull together. Sadly, I'm probably just being optimistic.