Notices

The Arena of Ascension - Now with Psionics!

Old Oct 15 '12, 6:32pm
Paragon Great Wyrm

The Arena of Ascension - Now with Psionics!

Arena of Ascension - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 99

Ah yes, the good ol' Arena of Ascension... Maybe you've heard of us? We are the biggest game on the Weave, and have been running continuously for more than 3 1/2 years. And now, for the first time in its history, we are allowing Psionics. Has the Arena God finally gone off his rocker? Probably. To make it worse, we also have rules now so you can play as a Paragon creature.

A quick rundown of what the game looks like:
  • All gladiators are Gestalt.
  • You can play as Monstrous or boring non-monstrous.
  • Players can have multiple gladiators at the same time.
  • The game is purely PvP arena action.
  • Gladiators typically start at level 10 and you can advance rapidly all the way up to level 20!
  • There are a whole lot of rules. Feel free to ask questions about any of them!
  • Check out the Gladiator Thread to see just what kind of broken cheese competition you'll be up against!
  • No Homebrew is allowed. But we do allow access to a huge number of sources.
  • Though it is a competition of sorts, we're all here just to have fun. Players frequently work together on builds and get advice from one another.

So, that about covers it! If you are interested in joining, mention your interest here or post in the Green Room, or even shoot me a PM. I can set you up with a private thread and you can get to tinkering on a build or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtLukoziuz View Post
I've read we get 5 battles a day - obviously, those don't need to be finished in real time day, right? I might or might not join this, still thinking.
That is not 5 fights in real life time, that is just to let people know for the purposes of keeping track of spells, power points, rage, etc. An actual fight usually takes at least a couple days of real life time to completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolfer View Post
Can I gesalt a human commoner with infested chicken flaw?
I don't believe Chicken Infested is from any of the allowed sources.

Quote:
will arens be flat ground, or will we have lava/water/huge bolders/ a chair to sit on
There are 12 different maps that fights will take place in, chosen randomly before each match begins. I can link the map thread if you can't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless Void View Post
You ever going to have a non-gestalt Arena Ith?
Not likely, no. Over the years there have been sub-arenas going on, but they are never that popular.

Though if you want to run a non-gestalt arena, I'll happily apply.

I'm very, very interested. Though I'm a little confused on a few things (my brains beginning to sleep...). Namely were characters are posted, how the point/component thing works and slightly confused about how the fights exactly work (is it one on one? Ect.) Apart from that I understand it and think it looks very interesting!

The points & components are there to put some restrictions into place for character building. The arena is not just access to every source and dip as many classes as you want. Instead you pay points to gain access to different books, pay point to access classes & PrC's, or even pay points to reduce LA on monsters.

The fights are usually one on one. Every once in a while 2 lower level guys will fight someone higher level, or if there are 3 people waiting to fight that are all the same level, someimtes if will be 1 on 1 on 1.

Ah ok, that makes sense. So say I want my gladiator to take levels in wizard, it would cost two points. *nods* definetely makes things... more even.

Right, sounds good!

Just to come up with a concept...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolfer View Post
good point, what is the logic behind banning the Evil books and making the other evil books cost more?
Because the Arena God doesn't want some evil S.O.B. coming in and taking over his job. And I don't really like evil very much.

I don't mind evil... if played well...

Another question (probably completely annoying you with constant questions... sorry XD); Can i just start creating my character? Or do I need a private thread? Also is there only ever one fight going on at a time? (ok that was three questions... I think thats all... I hope...)

Ask as many questions as you'd like. You can go ahead and start building a gladiator right now, you do not need a thread. But if you had a private thread, all of these questions could be carried on there instead of here.

There are usually multiple fights going on at the same time, however a gladiator will only be in one fight at a time.