Notices

The Arena of Ascension - Now with Psionics!

Old Oct 15 '12, 6:32pm
Paragon Great Wyrm

The Arena of Ascension - Now with Psionics!

Arena of Ascension - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 99

Ah yes, the good ol' Arena of Ascension... Maybe you've heard of us? We are the biggest game on the Weave, and have been running continuously for more than 3 1/2 years. And now, for the first time in its history, we are allowing Psionics. Has the Arena God finally gone off his rocker? Probably. To make it worse, we also have rules now so you can play as a Paragon creature.

A quick rundown of what the game looks like:
  • All gladiators are Gestalt.
  • You can play as Monstrous or boring non-monstrous.
  • Players can have multiple gladiators at the same time.
  • The game is purely PvP arena action.
  • Gladiators typically start at level 10 and you can advance rapidly all the way up to level 20!
  • There are a whole lot of rules. Feel free to ask questions about any of them!
  • Check out the Gladiator Thread to see just what kind of broken cheese competition you'll be up against!
  • No Homebrew is allowed. But we do allow access to a huge number of sources.
  • Though it is a competition of sorts, we're all here just to have fun. Players frequently work together on builds and get advice from one another.

So, that about covers it! If you are interested in joining, mention your interest here or post in the Green Room, or even shoot me a PM. I can set you up with a private thread and you can get to tinkering on a build or two.

That's a dangerous sentence, you have no idea how many questions I can come up with... And ok! I'm actually not sure I have any more questions now, but they're sure to crop up while I create my character. So a private thread might be better before this thread gets spammed by my questions XD

Ah, thought so. Thank you for clarifying

I'm actually semi-interested, but, my question is, are you worried that absolutely everyone will take the Paragon template? It's kind of a no-brainer, as is. "Start with an 18 in all stats." is a LOT less powerful than "+15 to all stats", never mind the rest of Paragon on top of that.

As is, it's literally a non-decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithamar View Post
Because the Arena God doesn't want some evil S.O.B. coming in and taking over his job. And I don't really like evil very much.
One might begin to suspect some relationship between you and the Arena God... BLASPHEMY!

I am soooo tempted and have been for many months. I have heard nothing but good about your arena. However, I am in a bunch of games here on the Weave and have three different games going in RL (one for a group of 3 10 year old girls... we start that on the 27th)

I just don't think I am going to have the time for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaelis View Post
I'm actually semi-interested, but, my question is, are you worried that absolutely everyone will take the Paragon template? It's kind of a no-brainer, as is. "Start with an 18 in all stats." is a LOT less powerful than "+15 to all stats", never mind the rest of Paragon on top of that.

As is, it's literally a non-decision.
Not that worried, no. Because Gestalt is way more fun to build than just a single class with good stats. At least in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajiit View Post
(one for a group of 3 10 year old girls... we start that on the 27th)
That sounds like a game with my little sister... but three times worse. Good luck with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khajiit View Post
One might begin to suspect some relationship between you and the Arena God... BLASPHEMY!

I am soooo tempted and have been for many months. I have heard nothing but good about your arena. However, I am in a bunch of games here on the Weave and have three different games going in RL (one for a group of 3 10 year old girls... we start that on the 27th)

I just don't think I am going to have the time for this.
Well it's nice to know that people are speaking kindly of the arena. We are more or less always open for new players, so if things lighten up for you in the near future, and you find you have a hankering for mindless battle, then come check us out. I only throw up ads every now and again to get some fresh blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithamar View Post
Not that worried, no. Because Gestalt is way more fun to build than just a single class with good stats. At least in my opinion.
Ah. Well, I had a really fun idea, but I see that Dragons of Faerun and Sovereign archetypes are both disallowed. No Steel Dragons for me. Or Tome Dragons, for that matter. That would've been fun.

Stuff from DoF might be allowed on a case by case basis, but since I don't own that book, I would need lots of details. But Sovereign Archetypes will never be allowed.