The Arena of Ascension - Now with Psionics!

Old Oct 15 '12, 7:32pm
Paragon Great Wyrm

The Arena of Ascension - Now with Psionics!

Arena of Ascension - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 99

Ah yes, the good ol' Arena of Ascension... Maybe you've heard of us? We are the biggest game on the Weave, and have been running continuously for more than 3 1/2 years. And now, for the first time in its history, we are allowing Psionics. Has the Arena God finally gone off his rocker? Probably. To make it worse, we also have rules now so you can play as a Paragon creature.

A quick rundown of what the game looks like:
  • All gladiators are Gestalt.
  • You can play as Monstrous or boring non-monstrous.
  • Players can have multiple gladiators at the same time.
  • The game is purely PvP arena action.
  • Gladiators typically start at level 10 and you can advance rapidly all the way up to level 20!
  • There are a whole lot of rules. Feel free to ask questions about any of them!
  • Check out the Gladiator Thread to see just what kind of broken cheese competition you'll be up against!
  • No Homebrew is allowed. But we do allow access to a huge number of sources.
  • Though it is a competition of sorts, we're all here just to have fun. Players frequently work together on builds and get advice from one another.

So, that about covers it! If you are interested in joining, mention your interest here or post in the Green Room, or even shoot me a PM. I can set you up with a private thread and you can get to tinkering on a build or two.

The awakened animal template is called lycanthropy. For +3 LA you get all the animal HD, +2 WIS, and DR 10/Silver.

And trees are statted out as well, they're called treants.

I already tried it, can't do it. No published LA + the xp cost of the spell = not gonna happen (I had a gladiator early on that negated the xp cost and was going to spam awaken on himself, but was told no)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithamar View Post
Not likely, no. Over the years there have been sub-arenas going on, but they are never that popular.

Though if you want to run a non-gestalt arena, I'll happily apply.
Unfortunately my young friend, I do not have the time at the moment.

Perhaps I can adapt my Archer to fit into your Arena

Damn, Gestalt at ECL 16 is the only way to play an Avolakia with class levels, but I don't think it can fair fine in PvP.

Yeah am not liking the idea of exchanging your points to level up but guess we don't have to fight a level 16 ecl if we are level 10.

Shamans, do they get the same treatment as druids for 3.5 for their animal companions?

Secutor - You can pay points to buy down the LA for an avolakia. Just sayin'.

Silverwolfer - You mean it takes a round to call them into the arena? Yep.

No I mean, do their animal friendship get converted to 3.5 animal companion like the druids did.

No. When OA was updated in one of the Dragon magazines, the Shaman animal companion got only a minor boost. It is nowhere near as powerful / useful as the druids.