Act One : Scene One : OOC

Grom : Adding Armored Kilt to an Armored Coat makes the set count as Heavy Armor for penalties. Just letting you know for when you reach the next level and have to choose your ranger specialty. Also; the armor bonuses do not stack.

Should note that putting on anything but a shield takes at least a minute and can't be done in a move action, unless we're making that more friendly?

EDIT: NM, just saw the rules for armored coats.

I think armored coats are called specifically out as being able to be put on as a move action as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bduds2006 View Post
I'll be rolling my dice for my action first and then posting my narrative after I receive the results. Plan: swift action: spend point from arcane pool to give dagger +1 enhancement, move to flank goblin, standard action: spell combat to cast daze then attack with dagger in hand with -2 penalty, negated to 0 because he will attempt to flank the goblin overall +1 from enhancement.
I don't think you can flank someone without another person to assist. Your attack missed anyways, but for future reference and all.

Robin... for the sake of your action, I am assuming the angelic illusion is between you and the goblin. Other wise, as it is silent, he will not be able to notice it.

Obviously my maps suck.

Making better ones.

Have to go babysit some kids. Be back late this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughtrade View Post
No problem with owning a boot sheath. It is not at all like the Wrist Sheath. The link you use is an item that has a spring that gives you a weapon or even one pound of ammunition with the twitch of a wrist. We have all seen this sort of thing in movies and it is easily understandable.

But in a boot, you still have to reach down and get the thing. It can't be delivered to the palm of your hand. Your knee maybe, but not your palm. Without the BAB it is still a move action to draw a weapon. You do not get the 'free five foot step' in combination with any other movement type activity. Since your move equivalent action is negated, you can have the free five foot step if you still want it.
Ok, to make sure I understood things right. Renkar has a boot seath and he uses a Draw Weapon Move action per actions in combat rules (by reaching down and taking it).

But why move actions that are not movement (like drawing a weapon) disallow the 5-foot step? The 5 foot step cannot be taken when you use an action (move or standard) to move at some distance (not do something that isn't moving but counts as a move action).

In any case. If Renkar is near enough all of the goblins to affect them with his power he manifests it. Hitting them with it is his first priority.

Logic dictates that adding an armored kilt to an armored coat would have the two stacking their bonuses, as well as their ACP and ASF (the kilt only gives an additional +1 anyway, so it's not even that fantastic). The combination, while still being actually medium armor, would (as described) be considered heavy armor for non-proficiency penalties and speed penalties. Otherwise there'd quite literally be no point in wearing an armored kilt ever.

As for the (at least this is what I felt was implied, feel free to correct me) armor bonuses not stacking for the purpose of the linked description, I feel that's intended to mean that wearing an armored coat with, say, full plate, that the full plate supercedes it entirely, penalties and all, but wearing it over a different kind of medium armor or light armor would let you use the better AC of the two (like an Armored Coat under/over Studded Leather), but also the worse of all the other categories between the two. Looking at the different types of armor, though...I'm failing to see why anyone would ever wear an armored coat with any other kind of armor.

The main benefit of the armored coat is the ease of donning/removing and that it's half the price of a chain shirt. Otherwise you'd just go with the chain shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iolaum View Post
But why move actions that are not movement (like drawing a weapon) disallow the 5-foot step? The 5 foot step cannot be taken when you use an action (move or standard) to move at some distance (not do something that isn't moving but counts as a move action).
the quick answer is, because that is how the rules go.

I'm not in a good position to review the entire combat action sequence but feel free to research it yourself. Might be something in there about exceptions for drawing a weapon. I am supposing it is due to the allowing a draw weapon combined with a move action.

My main point in all that was the boot sheath cannot give you a free draw weapon in the same fashion as the wrist sheath does.

Yes you were already close enough to cast the spell manifest the ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einrich View Post
Logic dictates that adding an armored kilt to an armored coat would have the two stacking their bonuses, as well as their ACP and ASF .
Logic will tell you that something like the long armored coat did not exist. It is a nod to the fantasy equivalent of Shadowrun lined long coats.

The kilt would cover a body from hips to knee, more or less. The coat would cover from shoulder to knee, more or less. The coat covers the kilt, making the kilt superfluous.