Application Questions

   
I'm still on the fence about applying (mostly with not having a concrete concept in mind) but can we use the Curse of Crimson Throne Player's Guide for any flavor related to the background and fit it to Parthacia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Would it be alright if I made a cavalier under the order of the seal, whose object (in this case location) is the city itself? If so, I do fully intend to explain why with his backstory.
I am going to say no on that one, sorry. City is too big for that and not secretive enough. Besides, then he would not be able to leave on other adventures so easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD
Cavaliers of the order of the seal are a secretive order, each charged with the protection of a specific object (such as a dangerous magic item), place (a lost temple), or secret (that a certain peasant is actually the last descendant of the royal line). Such cavaliers are the defenders of ancient traditions or the servants of rulers with important secrets to hide, sometimes having to search out such secrets in order to properly protect and preserve them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulLegion View Post
I'm still on the fence about applying (mostly with not having a concrete concept in mind) but can we use the Curse of Crimson Throne Player's Guide for any flavor related to the background and fit it to Parthacia?
Yes, you may. Though, if I get another DM (have one candidate already), the second group might not be running CotCT.

For those sitting on the fence, there is no reason you cannot change your concept moving from Phase 1 to Phase 2.

G'Day, I'm very interested in applying for this game, but there are two questions I wanted to ask first, and I appolguise if they've been answered already. I find it a bit hard to read these threads on an iPhone screen and I sometimes miss things.

Question 1: will character creation use point buy or dice rolls to determine attributes? I assume this is addressed elsewhere already, but I had not found it as of writing this post.

Question 2: can I use materials from a 3.5 era Dragon Magazine article (that I can provide a scan of) which deals with playing characters who for some reason or another won't die of old age. The article provides a number of 1st level 'Ageless' background feats to choose from and an additional feat for each of the backgrounds (which require the matching 'Ageless' feat). Examples include things such as 'evolutionary ancestors', 'time-less wanderers', 'last followers of a forgotten god', etc.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr

For question 1, Point Buy. The answer is there in an OOC Mouseover during Phase 2.

For question 2, No. The listed sources are also clear, plus the House Rules has some modifications for some classes. Any other feats (3.5ed, homebrew, or otherwise) are not being allowed, sorry.

How flexible are you with regard to "Spell Focus" as the replacement for "Scribe Scroll" for wizards? My idea is for a wizard who is a poor student, but who does have a favorite spell (namely, Feather Fall), and I'm looking for "Spell Mastery" in place of "Spell Focus". My plan is to shift to Fighter and stay there from second level on.

Separately, would it be possible to pay for a special material (darkwood, at 10 gp per pound) for a bonded object (specifically, a composite bow)? I took the restriction listed in the SRD as intended to prevent obtaining special materials for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryk View Post
How flexible are you with regard to "Spell Focus" as the replacement for "Scribe Scroll" for wizards? My idea is for a wizard who is a poor student, but who does have a favorite spell (namely, Feather Fall), and I'm looking for "Spell Mastery" in place of "Spell Focus". My plan is to shift to Fighter and stay there from second level on.
Hmmm, yes I guess I will allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryk View Post
Separately, would it be possible to pay for a special material (darkwood, at 10 gp per pound) for a bonded object (specifically, a composite bow)? I took the restriction listed in the SRD as intended to prevent obtaining special materials for free.
Nope.

The SRD is really bad about listing the source for most things concerning race. Am I to take the listed sources as meaning all alternative racial traits and heritages are out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rift View Post
The SRD is really bad about listing the source for most things concerning race. Am I to take the listed sources as meaning all alternative racial traits and heritages are out?
Yes, unless you find it in a Source book in the list. Sorry.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us