Notices

Application Questions

That means the alternate racial traits in the Advanced Player's Guide section of the SRD are allowed, right?

Speaking of variants, I'm still not sure what actual classes I want Skeeve to be, so I'm examining my options. This is admittedly a 3.5 variant, but it never hurts to ask.

In Unearthed Arcana, I think it was, there's a 'combat wizard' variant that exchanges Scribe Scroll for a melee Martial or Exotic weapon proficiency, and the bonus wizard feat every 5 levels is exchanged for bonus combat feats every 5 levels. Would you allow that?

This question is directed to both Paro and the other prospective players:

What kind of character would you like to see more submissions of, whether in terms of class, race, role, or other, less definable things?

My observation so far is that there are, as usual, a number of fighter types and arcane types, but also a surprisingly large number of divine types.

The least common so far seems to be skill monkeys. But I'd prefer to avoid making another Pathfinder rogue. I already have one in another game.

Well, my character (Mirela) is angling towards being a skill monkey... likely a Rogue, or perhaps a Bard. That's the way I had envisioned her in any event, though nothing is cast in stone and nobody has elected any classes at this point. Rift recently altered his profile, so now his character Iolana and I think Mariel are also maybe going in a Bard direction if I'm not mistaken... potential for high skills there.

I'd say go with what makes you happy. If you like the character, you'll enjoy the RP scenarios more and develop your character better I suspect.

Really, there's enough apps that you could probably make just about anything and do well with it. It might help with your app if you make it kind of ambiguous, as well. I know that with my app, I don't know if I'm planning on a Fighter/Wizard, Sorcerer, Magus, or Bard. Probably won't decide until if/when I get accepted into Stage 2, either.

Heh, okay. I usually try to make something to fill critical niches, but if it's not necessary, then I have some ideas:

1. Historian. Someone obsessed with the Curse of the Crimson Throne, eager to find out why no one has been able to build a dynasty. Possibly has a weakness for gambling and intends to place bets on who is the next King.

2. Physician. Dovetails neatly with the Drug Addict campaign traits, though I really just want my character to wear one of those spooky doctor's masks.

3. Animal and Monster Rights Activist. Those poor creatures keep getting hauled in to be killed in the arena! It's despicable!

4. Sewer Rat. Probably a dwarf and possibly a plumber. Used to traveling around the Vaults (mentioned in page 5 of the Player's Guide). Foul odor.

Would Paro wish to comment on which, if any, of the above concepts are unsuitable for the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiant song View Post
Heh, okay. I usually try to make something to fill critical niches, but if it's not necessary, then I have some ideas:

1. Historian. Someone obsessed with the Curse of the Crimson Throne, eager to find out why no one has been able to build a dynasty. Possibly has a weakness for gambling and intends to place bets on who is the next King.

2. Physician. Dovetails neatly with the Drug Addict campaign traits, though I really just want my character to wear one of those spooky doctor's masks.

3. Animal and Monster Rights Activist. Those poor creatures keep getting hauled in to be killed in the arena! It's despicable!

4. Sewer Rat. Probably a dwarf and possibly a plumber. Used to traveling around the Vaults (mentioned in page 5 of the Player's Guide). Foul odor.

Would Paro wish to comment on which, if any, of the above concepts are unsuitable for the game?
As you might have figured out, the personality and general concept are more important than the actual class. Phase 2 will focus on party building and team chemistry for the particulars where filling an actual niche is more important than at this stage of things.

As for the general concepts you are thinking of, with the right background to explain why they have turned into an adventurer, they might all work. Some of them are more like NPCs in my mind on first take though.

But to base a concept on CotCT campaign traits might be premature (again not building sheets yet), because if things continue as planned there might be three GMs with games going and only one (mine) is running CotCT.