Notices

Warrior, Rogue & Mage

Warrior, Rogue & Mage

Hello, folks. I know that in the past there have been a fair handful of WR&M games here on the Weave but I also know that it is still somewhat of a niche system so I figured it would probably be smart to see if there was any interest in a game before simply throwing up and ad. And of course, people interested in something new are more than welcome.

For those who haven't heard of it, WR&M is a rules-lite system, probably my favorite because it provides a good set of mechanics for conflict resolution for those of us who like to get close to a freeform game, but not exactly dead-on. Also, it's free.

So, I'm picking the system for the reasons stated above. My main goal is to construct a nice flowing story, but I would also like to have an easy structure for dealing with conflict, whether social or physical.

The game will be in a fantasy setting. Most high fantasy elements will be prevalent, though some in smaller doses than others. A typical medieval world with Knights, Brigands, nobles, etc. Chivalry and honor is prevalent in civilized company, and hidden behind the veil of polite conversation is courtly and political intrigue and the machinations of ambitious nobles. The setting itself I'm going to construct from scratch. Nothing too big so it shouldn't take me too long to have some fluff bits available.

If anyone is interested in such a game, let me know. Like I said, the idea is to have a good deal of roleplaying involved. If by some chance I get enough interested here I suppose there isn't even much of a need to make an ad, but we'll see.

This is my type of game, but I'm pretty swamped right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordae View Post
This is my type of game, but I'm pretty swamped right now.
I knew someone I was already in a game with was also fond of the system.

If it helps, I don't really plan on any rigid posting schedule. More or less up to the speed of the players, given this is meant to be a more relaxing game for me as well.

But thanks for popping in either way

Political Intrigue is always fun.

Does WRM lend itself well to that kind of plot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
Political Intrigue is always fun.

Does WRM lend itself well to that kind of plot?
It's a rules-lite system, so it fits pretty much anything yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStalker View Post
+1. We'll see how things progress.
It would be awesome to have both you guys, admittedly

I think what I'll do is get a proper bit of fluff posted here as opposed to just a brief paragraph of the themes involved. And, potentially an ad further down the road to see if that snags more attention as well.