At the Temple Square

   
"Meh." Kestrel scorns. "I've got my bow and that's just my little blade anyways. Left the big one at home, didn't seem rightly festivalish as it goes. Next party I go to, I will know better."

Combat Map Is HERE
(Feel Free to Wrap Up Your Previous Conversation as you Post : I felt I had to get things moving again tho, so the end decision is you leave the guards there to protect the temple and investigate the Highgate situation on your own)

Quickly the orders are given, who is to stay behind and defend the Temple and who is to defend the square until the Sheriff sends reinforcements. The three adventurers turn their attention to the main entrance into Sandpoint. The Coast Road comes in from the north and runners sent to find out how it fares have still not returned.

As the warriors three approach the last turn before Highgate they can hear disturbing sounds. Whoops and victoriously shrieking cries that are far too high pitched to be human. Expecting the worse they find the front gate has been overwhelmed, probably happened some moments ago but the goblins seem more interested in their victory celebrating than in moving onwards. Some last shred of survival instinct must remain however, for one of them sights your arrival and shouts for his fellows to notice. Quickly the little rats snatch up weapons, and the few who seem inclined to dawdle are given a vicious smack on the back of the head by a goblin that certainly is in command. A wizened little creature with evilly glinting eyes,

The goblins prepare for a counter assault, ducking behind barrels or dead bodies as they hurl insults and obscenities at you, backed up with arrows, rocks and small javelins. The cackling leader, armed with a shortbow, begins leading them in a vicious goblin chant as she fires.



Rodrick gladly accepted the saber offered to him and continued up to Highgate. He was slightly unnerved at the the amount of organized goblinoids. They usually are running around aimlessly with fire and screaming about eating babies. These few seemed to be aligned to a single task that didn't involve gorging on food and killing horses.

Seeing that they had been noticed and the goblins were armed with ranged weapons. Rodrick swore under his breath. Looking at the two others he said, "I guess it's time to get our blades wet..." and took off for cover. Upon crouching behind a barrel he wove a quick protective spell around himself and waited for a moment to run.



:P :P

Vicamros Urthadar - Paladin

Vic nods his head, "Right, well we probably should see about heading out there. We can leave the guardsmen here to protect the temple and the people within." He shifts his weight, and his eyes look elsewhere. His gaze turns to the back of his shield and his fee hand tightens the strap on the back of it.

"Hope we don't get in over our heads out there." He chuckles and then waits for the other two, heading off with them but lagging behind until they get closer. He spends his time double checking straps and tightening up his armor. He had let it be a bit loose for the festival, but now that he was going to be in a prolonged fight -- well, he was just going to make sure that he was fully ready for it. Armor bites could cost you much in a fight, he wasn't about to give the enemy a better chance he would get one.

Vicamros sees the situation and his mouth pulls into a grimace. This was going to take some time and a bit of luck to get up there without getting shot. "It appears so. Let's see if we can maybe find one or two that aren't fanatics though, eh?" He glances toward Rodrick for a moment, then beats a hasty advance toward some soft cover. ahead and to the left of him.

"No point in giving them an easy shot on the way, am I right?" He glances toward Rodrick for a moment again, the corner of his mouth pulling up momentarily.


Init Rolls and other Combat Stuff
Dice Roll: 1d20+4z
d20 Results: 3 (Total = 7)
Goblin Leader (7)
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 4)
Goblin Bow (4)
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 19)
Goblin Javlin (19)
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 10 (Total = 13)
Goblin Rocks (13)
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 3 (Total = 6)
Goblin Rocks (6)
Dice Roll: 1d20+2z
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 4)
Vicamros (4)
Dice Roll: 1d20+2z
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 9)
Rodrick (9)
Dice Roll: 1d20+4z
d20 Results: 8 (Total = 12)
Kestrel (12)


Init Order


Goblin Javlin (19)
Goblin Rocks (13)
Kestrel (12)
Rodrick (9)
Goblin Leader (7)
Goblin Rocks (6)
Goblin Bow (4)
Vicamros (4)

Goblin Attacks

Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 16)
Javlin Attack at Rodrick (16) (No cover)
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 22)
Rock Attack at Vicamros (22) (No Cover)
Dice Roll: 1d20+4z
d20 Results: 9 (Total = 13)
LeaderBow Attack at Kestrel (13) (Soft Cover)
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 15)
Javlin Attack at Kestrel (15) (Soft cover)
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 23)
Rock Attack at Vicamros (23) (No Cover)
Dice Roll: 1d20+4z
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 16)
Other Bow Attack at Rodrick (16) (Soft Cover)

Dice Roll: 1d3z
d3 Results: 3
Rock Damage (3)
Dice Roll: 1d3z
d3 Results: 3
Rock Damage (3)

Round Two

Map is HERE


Vicamros, Kestrel and Rodrick move to take cover as the goblins at the gate begin to fire bows and throw javlins and rocks at the approaching town defenders. Most of the ariel assault falls short or shoots wide, but Vicamros, slowed by his wounds, has trouble reaching cover and is slammed hard by the rock throwing goblins, who howl and call out rude remarks.

Kestrel, crouching beside Rodrick, nods at the goblins with a stern demeanor.

"Keep going. I'll nail the laughing little bitch when she sticks her head up again."



Vicamros Urthadar - Paladin

Vicamros was hit by a couple of those rocks, taking good solid hits... right in the friggen leg! The area was still tender and mending from the last goblin's and the dogslicer. He gasps and when he reaches cover he take a moment to grip his leg as the wound begins to reopen from the solid hits.

"Sweet Saranrae that hurts!" he gives it another rub and looks over at the other two who are behind cover. He edges to the corner of his cover, glancing around it for a moment and then makes a run for the next set of cover. With some luck, he should be able to get behind the next one, use the house as cover and pop up within range to charge them.

"Why the leg?!"


Rodrick

Rodrick sees Vic get hit by several rocks but more or less make it to cover. He lets out a slight curse... If only I had brought my gear... he thinks remember his bow laying with his armor and long sword. No time to think worry about that now they need to pick off the goblins now or more might die.

Looking over at Kestrel he says, "If you can peg them, then I'll be the bait. But try not to lag to far behind. I have a bit of minor magic I can peg them with but I'm no where in range and if they get close I got one spell that might delay them for a few seconds but once they are all one me it might be over so be ready to charge."

With that said he takes one quick glance over his cover and then dashes around the barrel. He can hear the goblins squeal and shout as he breaks cover. Not paying any head Rodrick rushes for a barrel he had spotted. If they are just shooting arrows and throwing rocks it should be enough to stop the attacks.


Combat Info

Gah. Will be glad when I'm off this page. Everything is still skewed.

Okay, hiding combat info. Delays should be over, tho it appears I am in need of buying a new wireless drop because I can't keep a connection for longer than ten minutes at a time.

No more nested Privacy and Spoiler Tags tho.

Two Goblins Shoot First
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 4 (Total = 7)
Javlin Attack at Rodrick (7) (No cover)
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 4)
Javlin Attack at Vicamros (4) (No Cover)

Kestryl Cover Fire
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 14)
Kestryl shooting at Archery Goblin 01 (14) (Soft Cover)

Remaining Goblins Fire (First two at Kestryl who is shooting them and the other two at the guy running for cover)

Dice Roll: 1d20+4z
d20 Results: 7 (Total = 11)
LeaderBow Attack (11) (Kestrel)
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 19)
Javlin Attack (19) (Kestrel)
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 16)
Rock Attack (16) (Vic)
Dice Roll: 1d20+4z
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 17)
Other Bow Attack (17) (Vic)

No Damage

Highgate Round Three

Combat Map is HERE

"Roit." Kestrel nods his head sharply and nocks an arrow.

The three men exchange glances and in the lull in combat that comes as the goblins scramble for more objects to hurl, Vicamros and Rodrick scramble forward to combine their assault. Their targeting is far worse this time. Arrows and javlins and rocks fly wide of the mark as the men scramble and while Kestrel's return fire does not find a blood mark, he frightens the goblin archer enough to make him miss.

The goblin leader snarls, slapping the rock throwing goblin on the back of his head. Her eyes glitter with malice as she exhorts her minions in goblin to "Kill That Wounded Orc NOW!" and points at Vicamros.

The goblins continue singing their macabre war chant, much of which involves the different parts of you they intend to devour. Vicamaros and Rodrick slam their shoulder into the picnic table they are crouching behind so that it may provide better protection and are now able to coordinate their next action.






 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us