Notices

At the Docks

Round Two : Goodbye Goblins & Hello More Goblins

Ignoring the 'stoopid hoomans' nearby, two of the goblins finish the grisly task of severing Jorge's head. Cackling with glee, one of the goblins raises the trophy by the hair and shakes it to bathe all three in the blood that rains down from it. An action he may find cause to regret as Rhionda steps up and cracks his skull in a powerful strike.

Only one of the Goblins has the presence of mind to watch out for himself. Milo lunges fowards with a dagger in hand; the goblin tries to raise his dogslicer in time but the young fighter is a fraction quicker. Milo's blade slashes open the little fiend's belly and the goblin drops to it's knees in pain, squealing and howling in a shrill voice. Spitting up blood, the goblin makes a desperate attempt to return the favor but his arm can barely lift the weapon and he misses badly.

Renkar steps forwards with dagger in hand and a determined look. The remaining goblin shivers, clearly fearful of the look in the human's eyes, shuffling back a step as it realizes how small it's survival chances have become.

The crowd has taken notice, both of Milo's calls and the goblin screams. A cheer of applause at how swiftly the trio is dispatching the goblins is followed almost immediately by cries of pain and distress. More goblins are swarming out from under the docks.

For All Three One Goblin in reach of all three of you. The order of combat should be Rhionda, Milo, Goblin (if it survives) and then Renkar. The other goblin is technically alive but moving slow. Milo and Rhionda are within easy reach of the Goblin. Renkar is still fifteen feet away.

Goblins swarming up from the docks are scattered in the crowd. None of them are within easy reach but the nearest one is probably forty feet from Renkar, which would make it fifty five feet from the other two. And there are people in the way.

Rhionda Charmont, Battle Nun

Even as her first target goes flying through the air with his grisly prize, Rhionda doesn't take long to recover, arcing her fist down at the sole remaining goblin. "Disgusting little weaklings!"

Aside to Milo, she shouts, determined look on her face, "Sounds like there are more in the crowd!"

Renkar's spirit is lifted as his companions quickly deal with the goblins. Wanting to help he closes in to strike at the standing goblin.

Combat Actions
  • Move Action: Move in range to attack the goblin
  • Standard Action:
    Hit roll:
    Dice Roll:
    1d20
    d20 Results: 10
    Damage Roll:
    Dice Roll:
    1d4
    d4 Results: 4
    Attack the goblin
Note: If the goblins are dead before it is Renkar's turn he will manifest Defensive Precogntion on himself before going with his companions at the other goblins.

Milo's normally calm and friendly face is contorted into a grimace of fury and coated with a splash or two of blood from the deceased Captain Jorge and from the goblin he just disemboweled.

As he stabs at the remaining unhurt goblin with his bloody dagger, he shouts, "How dare you attack us here! I'll kill you all!"

Dice Roll: 1d20+4z
d20 Results: 15 (Total = 19)
Rhionda AoC Punch on Gut Cut Goblin (19)
Dice Roll: 1d3+4z
d3 Results: 2 (Total = 6)
Rhionda Punch Damage on Gut Cut Goblin (6)
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 9)
Goblin Dogslicer at Milo (9)

With only one real enemy to face them, the trio would expect a goblin to run in fear. Renkar's spell certainly has that effect on the wounded goblin, who scrambles slowly backwards in an attempt to reach the safety of the woodpile. With so many large humans looming around, the three defenders of the docks manage only to get in one another's way. Milo barely manages to stop himself from slashing open Rhionda's arm as she tries to punch the remaining goblin threat. Renkar also fails to strike the goblin, who takes some heart from the sudden clumsy spell of humans.

"I killed your friend with this knife!" The goblin leaps up and stabs at Milo, laughing as he taunts the fighter.

He misses badly. Perhaps because Rhionda spots the wounded goblin trying to sneak away and she slams her fist into it's face, making crunchy sounds as she shatters it's bulbous nose.

The dockside toughs are much quicker to rally than any other festival celebrants and the squeals of dying goblins come from several spots along the dockside.

Renkar Snakeyes, Human Telepath

Renkar moves again within range of the fleeing goblin. He speaks in a strange tone that van only be goblin Tell us why you attack here and you will not die! Renkar does not wait for a reply knowing that there are other goblins around and wanting to press his point further as he tries to stab the goblin with his dagger.

Combat Actions
  • Move Action: Move in range to attack the goblin
  • Free Action: Speak
  • Standard Action:
    Hit roll:
    Dice Roll:
    1d20
    d20 Results: 1
    Damage Roll:
    Dice Roll:
    1d4
    d4 Results: 4
    Attack the goblin

Even as he stabs with his dagger, Milo snarls something ugly in a strange and harsh tongue.

Rhionda Charmont, Battle Nun

Fighting off a goblin invasion is one thing, but a three-on-one circle beating - of a puny little goblin, no less - is something entirely different, and it's not something that appeals to Rhionda. With a dismissive snort, she backs away from the still-surrounded goblin. "You two boys can handle this on your own, I'm sure." Once out of reach of slicy knives and pointy teeth, she turns away from the melee entirely, looking for a more worthy group of opponents.

Dice Roll: 1d20+2z
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 16)
Looking Around Check for Rhionda (16)
Dice Roll: 1d20+z
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 21)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+
Original Dice: 1d20+
Fumble Check for Renkar (21)
Playing with Dice=Just to Check. Roll = 21 (because I mistyped and put in 1d20+ and the default is +1 I guess) I also did not add the 'z' on purpose. I am going to add it now and see if it changes the roll (leaving in the + because that will alter the experiment) and if it leaves me the blue warning. Either way, no fumble.
Okay. Calling that a 'confirm' on my theory. Adding a 'z' to make the dice roll show gives you the Omitted Dice Warning, but does not actually alter the dice.