Say Your Oaths Astartes.

Old Oct 23 '12, 8:45pm
On the edge South of Heaven

Say Your Oaths Astartes.

The Eternal Vigilance - Forum
Deathwatch
Ad Closes: Nov 23 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 2

Looking to start up a Deathwatch/Grey Knight Game starting Rank 1. I have the Grey Knight roles filled and I'am looking to fill two more space marine spots. I thought if a player is willing to create a Adeptus Sororitas out of the Blood of Martyrs , faith talents can be used. This game will start soon as I have most of the game fleshed out including a storyline and dungeon crawl with 36 rooms so far. It's not like I'm going into this game unprepared. To be honest I still have a random monster chart that I will roll for random encounters and might I add the dungeon will be random as well with three operable levels to start. I'm looking for the Chapters to remain the same unless players really come to differences of chapters. Please keep the chapters to first founding or core chapters from the Deathwatch Rulebook. If there is an Ascended character from Dark Heresy that a player wants I'm willing to conceed to a player willing to start at high xp.

Game Description:

The Eternal Vigilance

I now fear any attempt to describe Tzeentch will fail. Can one sketch a splash of water in mid air? Can one catch smoke in oneís bare hands? Can one give voice to the pleasures of a joyful dream half remembered? If one could know the Shifting Breeze with accuracy, if even for a moment, that understanding would become obsolete in an instant. Such is the vacillating nature of the Changer of Ways. Indeed, even the keenest mindís perception of the Great Mutator is, at best, fleeting, imprecise, fragmentary, partial, and distorted. As the even the finest archeotech relics can detect only the shadowy components of our reality, so too, we can only hope to perceive Tzeentch as a reflection. And, of course, any enlightenment that may brighten our dull, myopic eyes will have passed through the refracting lenses of the Great Conspiratorís deceptions, lies, and corruptions. Still I must puzzle it out; I have struggled too far along this path to turn away, no matter what fate may come to me or my world.

Through space, the Time of Fate has ascended for the Chapter of the Grey Knights to reclaim one of the seven Cloisters lost to them after Centuries ago, the Grey Knights failed to thrice bind a daemon back to the Empyrean. Reclamation of the Cloister must come at all costs. For time is of the essence and as the Cloister teeters on the brink of unleashing a manifestation of daemons into the world, the screaming Cloister is headed on to a crash course into the Screaming Vortex as if almost seemingly pulled and drawn into the vortex by the architect of fate himself. The grand conjunction where the schism of evil upon greater evil could have cataclysmic events.

I would be interested in joining such an adventure!
Are there any limitations that I should be aware of such as the inability to create a Home-made chapter or the like?

I'm guessing Techmarines and Apothecaries are sorta not ideal since dungeon crawls are not long term. And DH characters are extremely skilled and cost-efficient if given the same XP as Deathwatch or Rogue Trader characters.

Would read though because I always wanted to run SPACEHULK of Horrors, but haven't seen a D100 dungeon crawl before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgreKnight View Post
I would be interested in joining such an adventure!
Are there any limitations that I should be aware of such as the inability to create a Home-made chapter or the like?
The FUN part is rolling everything. You should roll everything. In the forum. For everyone to see.

I once rolled a ranged-combat superiority chapter with jetpacks as chapter trappings, but are devoid of assault and devastator marines, the ones who actually make good use of jet packs and ranged combat respectively. It was silly. But it was FUN silly.

I'd like to express interest. Thinking maybe a Dark Angel Devastator Marine... Is there any where in particular you'd like us to submit our applications?

Off-topic: Secutor, where are the charts etc for random rolling of chapter creation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TremblingVines View Post
I'd like to express interest. Thinking maybe a Dark Angel Devastator Marine... Is there any where in particular you'd like us to submit our applications?

Off-topic: Secutor, where are the charts etc for random rolling of chapter creation?
Core Rulebook - Core Rulebook
Rites of Battle - Custom chapters, plenty of alternate ranks, Ultramarine super-bolter, Chaplain, Iron Fathers, etc. Dreadnaughts
First Founding - The rest of the original legions, such as Iron Hands etc. Also expands the chapters from the Core rulebook, including space wolf scouts and Blood Angel Furioso Dreadnaughts.

Custom and optional (encouraged) random rolled chapters are from Rites of Battle.

Creating your own chapter is fine, but I do not have Rites of Battle so please detail what you are doing as far as the methodology behind creating the chapter. Also Trembling Vines follow the forum link at the top of the page and post a character in the thread like the other two players have done. Point Buy is everything starts at 30 and you have 100 points to allocate to your characteristics. Max wounds and fate points. Spend xp accordingly