Web of the Spider Queen

Old Oct 28 '12, 2:36am
The Chosen One

Web of the Spider Queen

Web of the Spider Queen - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e - Forgotten Realms 4e
Ad Closes: Nov 3 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 5

This is an "old" Encounters Season, the first of a story-line that I feel is going to be significant to the future of the Forgotten Realms. Characters will start at 1st level and get to 3rd by the end. This is not written as a huge role playing opportunity, however, there is no reason we cannot make it such. I will be picking submissions that show the player's ability to help tell a great story. I hope to expand on the role playing.

CHARACTER CREATION: Standard 1st level character creation rules. Any race or class. Please pick from the following themes and backgrounds:

Post submissions in this thread. Please include the following in your submission:
Character name, race, class, Theme and Background.
Character History
Character Description (a pic will do) & Personality

I would like to keep the game going but I know everyone gets busy, so I would like a posting rate of at least 1 post every 2 days.

COMPLETE APPLICATIONS
weregeek85 - Leader/Striker - Minotaur Cleric/Ranger
shdwrnnr - Controller - Shadar-Kai Wizard
Twilightkiwi - Leader - Deva Artificer
Drunken Zombie - Striker - Human Warlock
Secret Agent Cow - Defender - Dragonborn Paladin
Fortive - Striker - Pixie - Sorcerer/Rogue
Shadow Elf - Leader - Dwarven Templar Cleric
Sentinel - Striker - Elf Avenger
Celtic Guardian 7 - Defender - Human Fighter
**Reemos - Striker - Elf Vampire
**Soulegion - Striker - Drow Rogue

Game Description:

Shadowdale. This realm and the town with which it shares its name, are better known for the past than the present. Ancient battles and the ruins they left behind draw historians and adventurers alike to these lands. Storm and Syluné Silverhand once dwelled here, and sly Elminster still does. His protection has long kept Shadowdale safe, and even if Elminster's power has diminished since his time as Mystra's Chosen, who would dare attack his home?

The white granite hill called Old Skull has loomed over Shadowdale for ages, but its significance has varied over time. When drow controlled the town, it was a sign of danger and domination. When their kind were forced out, the people of Shadowdale went back to seeing the hill as nothing more than a fascinating landmark. Sheep graze around it now, while children play atop its slopes of bare white stone.

A famed tavern takes its name from the landmark. The Old Skull Inn is known throughout Faerún as a haven for adventurers. It is said that the secret tunnels lead from the tavern's basement into catacombs under Old Skull - and from there into the Underdark. Adventurers gossip that a bribe to the innkeeper , Ghessla Silvermane, can gain an honest traveler access to the realms below the earth.

Lady Addee Ulphor rules Shadowdale, presiding over a land that has been peaceful for the twenty years since Lord Azalar Falconhand retired. The symbol of leadership, the Pendant of Ashaba, is Lady Ulphor's by right, and she keeps it secured in the Twisted Tower of Ashaba.

You come to Shadowdale, as have your fellow adventurers, to delve into the caverns of the Underdark.

Last edited by Tila; Nov 5 '12 at 1:52am..

Character name: War Wizard Codren
Race: Shadar-kai
Class: Wizard
Theme:Deep Delver
Background: Deep Wastes
Character History:All this young life, Codren wanted nothing more than to become powerful enough to honor Kelemvor by destroying undead. Not receiving a divine call, he began to study the ways of the War Wizard. Leaving his home he traveled to finished his studies in the places where undead roam freely. After his training he realized that his current situation was just too dangerous for a young wizard to practice his craft. Now he is out on his own looking for a way to make a name for himself and to grow in power
Character Description: Codren, like many of his people, is shorter and thinner than a normal humanoid. At five feet six inches he only weights about 125 lbs. His pale skin is currently bereft of the scars his people use to mark their achievements. He wears his dark hair long. His clothing, while bright in color, also have strips of bright red cloth, wrapped in place around his body. His black, pupil free eyes adds a rather grim look to his pale facial features.
Personality:Very serious. Lives for today. Willing to take chances. As with most Shadar-ki he is out to prove himself by gaining power and prestige. He tells every one it is to honor his god, but some may think it is just to honor himself.

Name: Kivan
Race: Deva
Class: Artificer
Theme: Trapsmith
Background: Myth Drannor
Notable Mechanics: Primarily uses implement powers to fight at midrange. Has the Arcane Trapsmith feat.

I'm interested in this game, but I'm not particularly familiar with the setting, and even less so in 4e.
Beyond that, I think it's been about 2 years since I had a meaningful 4e game, and I'm rather behind on access to source material.

All that told, would this game have a place for a halfling storm sorcerer on a quest for personal wealth and power lighting the depths of the underdark with blinding flashes of light and filling its caverns with deafening blasts of thunder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedronai View Post
I'm interested in this game, but I'm not particularly familiar with the setting, and even less so in 4e.
Beyond that, I think it's been about 2 years since I had a meaningful 4e game, and I'm rather behind on access to source material.

All that told, would this game have a place for a halfling storm sorcerer on a quest for personal wealth and power lighting the depths of the underdark with blinding flashes of light and filling its caverns with deafening blasts of thunder?
I don't mind "newbies". Give me an app and I will suggest a theme and background for you.

Would there be any issues if I apped with a drow rogue? If yes, I'm planning on taking Underdark Outcast as the theme, and Deep Wastes as the background option. I haven't played 4e for a long time, so I hope its alright.

Name: Faeniira Quavrinn
Race: Drow
Class: Rogue (Artful Dodger)
Theme: Underdark Outcasts
Background: Deep Wastes

[SPOILER=Personality] Though she possesses a morbid, and sometimes caustic sense of humor. With the destruction her house and home, she's prefers to look out mainly for herself.

(personality and history is w.i.p)[/FIELDSET]

grr.... THAT WAS MY PLAN!

Nah, go right ahead. I can come up with something else.

Someone beat me to another concept though. I was going to go for a genasi swordmage, but I can't get much of it down. Plus, I don't have access to other Underdark races.

Sorry bout that though.