Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

WFRP: Players of the Warhammer 40k Rule System

Players of the Warhammer 40k Rule System

Looking to start a registry of players who are familiar with the Warhammer 40k Universe. This thread is to keep a list of players for potential players and Game Masters. These rule systems include Dark Heresy, Deathwatch, Rogue Trader, Black Crusade and Only War.

I've played a short game of Dark Heresy, and have really wanted to get in on a game of Rogue Trader! You can definitely add me to this registery

I've got the Dark Heresy, Deathwatch and Only War books but I've been playing in a Deathwatch game on MW for just under two years. If I can't answer your DW question I'm confident my GM or fellow PCs can.

I play in most of the 40k RPG's online and off. Currently own and have played in Dark Heresy, Ascension and Rogue Trader. Played in Deathwatch and able to borrow books and have access to Black Crusade but never played before or even looked at the rulebook (but my friend says the rules are much more streamlined and it has a great leveling up system in comparison)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixgunninja View Post
I've got the Dark Heresy, Deathwatch and Only War books but I've been playing in a Deathwatch game on MW for just under two years. If I can't answer your DW question I'm confident my GM or fellow PCs can.
Since you offered, here's a question I asked a while back in the "Quick question and answers" thread.

"In the book Rites of Battle, there are different Marks of Power Armors and each one gives a different bonus. Can I have a set of Artificer Armor from a particular series of Power Armor? It makes sense Lorewise, but I didn't notice any mechanical mentions of this."

I play and run Rogue Trader, Black Crusade, Dark Heresy, and Deathwatch games. Don't have Only War yet, but I'll be getting it ASAP.

I play and could run, not sure how good it would be, Dark Heresy. I have Deathwatch, Rogue Trader and Black Crusade, but not too familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefish View Post
Since you offered, here's a question I asked a while back in the "Quick question and answers" thread.

"In the book Rites of Battle, there are different Marks of Power Armors and each one gives a different bonus. Can I have a set of Artificer Armor from a particular series of Power Armor? It makes sense Lorewise, but I didn't notice any mechanical mentions of this."
I would allow it, but its something that I would definitely says falls under GM discretion. I wouldn't have any issues if you wanted Mk 6 Corvus over Mk 7 Aquilla but if you wanted Mk 4 Maximus, Mk 5 Heresy or Mk 8 Errant thats going to take more than 60 Requisition. Corvus might cost a little more than 60 Req, but the others would cost considerably more. Those are the only 5 types of Armor you can start the game with.

Mk 1 Thunder, Mk 2 Crusade and Mk 3 Iron are all considered very valuable relics in and of themselves, with tremendous plot value so I would never allow someone to requisition a set of them let alone an Artificer quality set. However if you FOUND a set in the course of an adventure I might give an Artificer quality set if I wanted me game to revolve around that particular McGuffin.

I also looked on the FFG forums, no one appears to have answered this question directly but http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...6&efidt=642191 has some considerations lorewise.

cool everyone, I have gamed with all of you and can attest to your level of acumen, great writing and discipline that this game needs. Just hoping to have our own thread for discussion for this awesome game. I'm strapped right now with three games again but I cant stay away from running different games. Let's keep up the recruitment so that everyone can find GMs and players alike for their games.