Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Favorite Halloween TV Episodes

I personally don't like any TV specials for holidays. Not one television show out there can actually do them properly. "Oh my - yet another baby dressed like a carrot on TV."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
I personally don't like any TV specials for holidays. Not one television show out there can actually do them properly. "Oh my - yet another baby dressed like a carrot on TV."
Well, I think my favorite TV episode did it right... Night Court, "Death Takes Halloween"

Call me old school (or maybe just old), but "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" is about my favorite EVAR.

One of my kids likes the new sitcom The Neighbors. Basically a poorly put together show about a small gated suburb of aliens with a single human family that moves in as a brief summary. She taped the halloween episode and I watched it with her the other night. It was an amusing take on it all, the aliens thought the trick-or-treaters were real. Thus they "defended" the gate to their community every halloween against the monsters.

I enjoyed the Grimm episode with Monroe having the last, extremely classic, scene.

I thought most of the Buffy Halloween episodes were decent. So of course I like the Smallville season five Halloween episode.

I'm very slightly disgusted that no one has mentioned Treehouse of Horrors, you make me sad people where is your geek street cred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblor View Post
I'm very slightly disgusted that no one has mentioned Treehouse of Horrors, you make me sad people where is your geek street cred?
Psst.. Read the first post in this thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryfte View Post
I enjoyed the Grimm episode with Monroe having the last, extremely classic, scene.
This was pretty good stuff, I agree!