Notices


The depths of Darkness

 
 
Old Oct 29 '12, 11:24pm
Divinedragonslayer Divinedragonslayer is offline
wyrmling
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,109
The depths of Darkness

From the Depths of Darkness - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Dec 1 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Starting level 4

Stat generation 4d6r1v1

Books all but faerun and Eberron

Wealth by level

Posts per day: At least one and if you don't post after two weeks you will be dropped without notice if you don't give me forewarning.

Of course I require the standard history, personality, and appearance as well as a solid reason to be looking for the culprits. I will also be judging you on pregame roleplay as well. If deciding becomes tough I'll look to your roleplay style to get you in.

Also this game I'm being especially generous this time. I want you to create characters you want. I might accept homebrew, but I will consider everything. That being said I want this to be a fun and interesting game so no cheese please.

LA buyoff in effect

Pregame roleplay: My reasoning for the pregame roleplay is to see how well each person's playstyle and posting rate meshes with mine. When I feel I have enough candidates I will open up an open one where everyone can roleplay. Until that time I'll be using private threads when the applications are complete. I will also be taking a little bit of time after applications close. I'm hoping this will show me a little bit more about both you and your characters.

Game Description:

The kingdom of Rysha. A relatively peaceful kingdom compromising most of the Dragon Reach mountains with a piece of the highlands off to the east. Ruled by king William and queen Eilonna rule with a a firm yet less intrusive hand. Under their rule trade from the dwarves who rule their mountainous territory and trade by sea has also flourished. It is this trade that has made the country so successful. For the farmlands though as fertile as any other country isn't enough to sustain the ever growing country.

And yet for all it's prosperity and general lack of conflict there are problems within the world. Pirates and brigands still roam the wilds while beasts of natural and magical descent prowl there as well preying on the unwary travelers. And lately something much worse has been happening. Several smaller fishing villages have been sacked as of late. The bodies left were mutilated; that is except for the women of child bearing age. There have been few of their bodies found. All of these attacks have taken place at night without any warning it would seem and the culprits have disappeared back into the water. All that is left is the carnage and broken bodies by daylight and strange webbed footprints.

For whatever reason something didn't feel right. Something that wouldn't just go away about the attacks. And the pursuit for the truth began. Though the truth is much more slippery than one would believe. All that has been discovered is that these attacks were committed by something smarter than people want to give them credit for.

Rumors began to crop up that the king wanted to send people to investigate the massacres. Being picked for such a mission you set out to find the source of the attacks for better or worse. Only time will tell if the source of the attacks will be found. Or if they can be stopped.

__________________
What happens when there are no wonders to be seen?
What happens when the poet cannot dream?

Last edited by Divinedragonslayer; Nov 3 '12 at 1:44pm..
I am still looking for players and I will be until about the last day before the ad closes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinedragonslayer View Post
I am still looking for players and I will be until about the last day before the ad closes.
Ok, I'll get to work on something then.


Divine, Soulknife fix over at Gitp in? If so I'll throw up an app.

Been looking to play a fixed Soulknife forever.

I'll allow it though I'm not the biggest fan of that class.

Well I'd rather increase my chances of getting in by applying with a class you appreciate

Binder?

well now that you've moved off it and I'm not concerned about insulting anybody, can I just say

Aside from being able to become almost completely SAD, in two levels that class can:

Quote:
Psychic Affliction:
A Soulknife of 6th level or higher can imbue her mind blade with a psychic strike energy that inflicts negative status to the target in the next attack. Roll a percentage dice when performing and attack, Inflict the following effect depending on the result: 00 to 25=Fascinated, 26 to 40=Staggered, 41 to 55=Disabled, 56 to 65=Nauseated, 66 to 75=Dazed, 76 to 85=Paralyzed, 86 to 95=Stunned or 96 to 100=Unconscious unless the target rolls a succesful Will save vs 10 + Soulknife Levels + Key hability Modifier.The duration of the effect lasts 2x Key hability Modifier Rounds up to Soulknife level.
60% chance to be able to take no actions at all, 10% you can only take a move action and 30% chance for only a single action each round not to mention the duration (6 ROUNDS) and the unusually high save DC. Might also add the 15% chance of inflicting a lasting effect that allows a coup de grace to be made...

....For some reason I actually thought that ability was 2/day....

There's no way that'd be an at will ability.

EDIT: .....right? lol




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us