what are your rules for gunslinger type characters though?))
Seeking A Friend For The End of the World!
Remnants of the Aether - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Estimated Members Requested: 1
Hello weavers! I'm currently accepting applications for TWO more characters, ONE Defender and ONE Striker, for my long-running, Play-by-Post, Shin Megami Tensei-inspired campaign, Remnants of the Aether.
NOTE: THIS IS A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE APPLICATION!
Thanks for your interest in advance!
Can't wait to roleplay with you. <3
~ Diablo ~
To stay true to the heart of Shin Megami Tensei games, all encounters of this campaign are set to hard difficulty. Skill DC's and battles are as challenging as they possibly can be according to D&D rules, so this campaign may be more intense than other ones that you may be accustomed to. If that is not something that appeals to you, then please do not bother applying!
1. What game system are you running and if applicable what edition?
D&D 4th Edition
2. What ‘type’ or variant of game will it be ? What is the setting for the game?
It is a homebrew campaign inspired by the Shin Megami Tensei. It is a post-apocalyptic setting on a alternate reality version of Tokyo, Japan.
2b. What is Shin Megami Tensei?
Only one of the most controversial/original series of mature RPG’s ever made. It has heavy cyberpunk themes and has a narrative influenced by multiple religions and mythology. http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/megaten/megaten.htm
3. How many Players are you looking for?
Eight players, two of each class. (Striker, Controller, Defender and Leader)
4. What is the characters’ starting status?
Currently Level 9
5. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Level 9 (16500 starting exp) and a +1 Magatama bonus to any ability score of your choice. One Level 10 Magic Item, A Level 9 Magic Item and a Level 8 Magic Item + 3400 gp to purchase any other equipment.
6. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want… or do not want?
All official classes from any WotC 4e source are allowed.
7. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game?
All official races from any WotC 4e source are allowed.
8. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
Any method is fine with me.
9. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
If you are human you CANNOT be Evil.
10. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
It’s totally fine with me.
11. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about?
Humans may only carry 2 demon souls at a time and will have access to human exclusive areas. Non-Humans may only carry 4 demon souls at a time, have access to non-human exclusive areas and may have an Evil alignment. Player characters will also acquire the ability to perform Demon Fusion.
11b. What are demon souls and the benefits of acquiring them?
A demon soul is the very essence of the enemy you defeat and make a contract with. They give you bonus experience points as well as passive traits that the demon had and an extra encounter power based off of the demon’s abilities. All demon soul attack powers automatically hit their targets.
11c. What is Demon Fusion and what are the benefits of doing it?
Demon Fusion is the process which combines two or more demon souls into one. Aside from bonus experience points, you get to upgrade one trait/power from each parent demon and pass it along to the newly fused demon. This frees up a demon soul slot in your inventory which is useful because demon soul traits/powers do not scale with you as you level. A demon soul of a lower leveled enemy wouldn’t be as useful as one from a higher level.
12. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular?
It’s not required though it would only benefit you if you made one. You’ll get further attached to your character and it will be easier to decipher your character’s motives and actions. Any backstories crafted by may also have an impact on the larger story.
13. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
50% Hack & Slash, 45% Roleplaying, 5% Puzzlesolving
14. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements?
No. Every official WotC source is fair game.
You spirit double, you specter with my face ; Why do you mock my love-pain so
That tortured me here, here in this place ; So many nights, so long ago?
Last edited by diablopanqueque; May 15 '14 at 11:10pm..