what are your rules for gunslinger type characters though?))
Seeking Players for SMT D&D Homebrew!
Remnants of the Aether - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Estimated Members Requested: 1
CAN'T FIND AN OPTION TO CHANGE TITLE! WE ARE ACCEPTING ALL CLASSES, NOT JUST WARLOCKS!
Hello weavers! I'm currently accepting applications for two more character positions for my long-running, Shin Megami Tensei-inspired campaign, Remnants of the Aether. (4th Edition, Play-by-Post)
I have updated an Obsidian Portal website with lore pertaining to the various characters, items and areas exclusive to my campaign that you may peruse at your leisure.
If interested, feel free to pm me and I'll work with you on getting you started. Thanks for your interest in advance!
NOTE: THIS IS A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE APPLICATION! RECRUITMENT WILL CLOSE WHEN TWO PLAYERS HAVE OFFICIALLY SENT ME CHARACTER SHEETS THAT HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY ME! IF IT IS STILL OPEN, THEN YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO SUBMIT A CHARACTER!
WARNING! This campaign is not for the faint of heart! All battles are set to hard so this campaign may not be new player friendly. YOU WILL DIE!
1. What game system are you running and if applicable what edition?
D&D 4th Edition
2. What ‘type’ or variant of game will it be ? What is the setting for the game?
The players will start in the city of Ehn’gha and venture into the Aether filled world outside of it. Since it takes place in 21xx, there will be some futuristic elements as well. It will not be uncommon to see robotic dragons and flying vehicles in this campaign. Inspired by the “Shin Megami Tensei” videogame series, “Remnants of the Aether” will feature artwork by Kazuma Kaneko and Soejima Shigenori as well as the iconic ability to utilize enemies as Demon Allies.
2b. What is Shin Megami Tensei?
Only one of the most controversial/original series of RPG’s ever to grace consoles. http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/megaten/megaten.htm
3. How many Players are you looking for?
Two more. Currently, we have 6 players.
4. What is the characters’ starting status?
5. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Level 7 (10000 exp) and a +1 Magatama bonus to any ability score of your choice. One Level 8 Magic Item, A Level 7 Magic Item and a Level 6 Magic Item + 1800 gp
6. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want… or do not want?
All classes are welcome.
7. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game?
All races are welcome though if you are not human you will be introduced outside of Ehn’gha.
8. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
Any method is fine with me. Trust me when I say that your stats will mean nothing if you are not a team player. Character deaths are very common in this campaign.
9. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
If you are human you cannot be Evil.
10. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
It’s fine with me.
11. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about?
Non-Human classes will NOT be allowed into the city of Ehn’gha. They are allowed up to 4 demon allies and have an easier time negotiating with demons. They may also be evil.
Human classes will only be allowed 2 demon allies and will have a harder time negotiating with demons, however, they will receive free gear every visit to Ehn’gha.
12. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular?
It’s not required though it would only benefit you to make one yourself. You’ll get further attached to your character and it will be easier to decipher your character’s motives. Any backstories crafted by you will also have an impact on the larger story.
13. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
There will be an equal combination of the three though it does lean a little on the hack ’n slash side.
14. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements?
We do make use of the WOTC rule compendium/errata.
You spirit double, you specter with my face ; Why do you mock my love-pain so
That tortured me here, here in this place ; So many nights, so long ago?
Last edited by diablopanqueque; Oct 9 '13 at 9:28pm..