Fellowship and Friends

Old Nov 2 '12, 1:32pm
On the edge South of Heaven

Fellowship and Friends

The One Ring Adventures - Forum
The One Ring
Ad Closes: Nov 18 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 3

Looking to start a One Ring Game using the rulebooks provided by Cubicle Game 7 Entertainment. I'm looking for three additional players to the three that we have now. Please write a sample of your writing with the post of intent. This game in its infancy will adopt the mood and tone of Middle Earth right after Smaug the golden Dragon has been defeated and the five armies have been disbanded but before the War of the Ring happens. This game will have stories within stories each leading to choice making, accountability and in game responsibility regarding your fellowship and to the fellowship of your valour and wisdom. If you succeed your name shall be written down in the tomes of history. If you need a writing sample of mine please check this wiki game out with most of it except the characters writing done by me. Here

Game Description:

It is the year 2946 of the Third Age, and the lands east of the Misty Mountains are astir. From the cloud-shrouded peaks above the High Pass to the spider-infested gloom of the forest of Mirkwood, paths long-deserted are trodden once again.Busy merchants carry their wares to new markets, messengers bring tidings from foreign realms, and kings send forth armed men to extend their influence and the rule of law. Some say that a new age of freedom has begun, a time for adventure and great deeds to reclaim glories lost in long centuries of oppression and decline.But adventures are not really things that people go out and look for. They are dangerous and rarely end well. While it is true that a handful of valiant individuals set out to make their mark on the world, for others it seems that adventure chooses them as though it is the path they are fated to tread. They are restless warriors, curious scholars and wanderers,always eager to seek what was lost or explore what was forgotten. Ordinary people call them adventurers, and when they return successful, they call them heroes. But if they fail, no one will even remember their names.

Last edited by Dramacydle; Nov 2 '12 at 6:45pm..
I want in really really bad. I have the books and have read them (except for The Marsh Bell). What are you looking for in a writing sample? Character background? A role-playing sample?

Something fantasy. Probably a character without the culture. Staying neutral at this point will not infringe on players who have already picked a race.

If you're just looking for something to showcase writing style, I can post a PC background from another game (not TOR). Would that work?

Sure that would be great. Anything to showcase writing style.

Nice new pic Drama. If I had this system I would join up to play. But truth be told I don't. I have the LoTR roleplaying game core rulebook. Stop running games I don't know how to play! Cause I can't join them. >_<

LoL

PM sent Shane.

PM sent Drama.

For anyone interested, Drama is a great gm and I'm happy to see him picking this up after two failed attempts by others in the past when it came to a One Ring game.

Ostrich what is up with your status? You leave MW or something?