0-39 | Shadow | In Character

   
Aranel Shepherd



"Thank you." Aranel takes the moist cloth, and does feel better. But her dizziness isn't going to be vanquished that easily. Taking place near the back of the group, she says, "I'm good for now. But let's move quickly to find shelter. No sense waiting for dark when the heat is already winning."

Mysty makes her way over to the doors, looking out for anything obvious as she goes. (Perception
Dice Roll: 1d20
d20 Results: 17
)

Akash


She wouldn't... thought Akash as Mysty approached the door. That's what we have the armored ones for.
"Mysty?" he said aloud. "Let someone a little... stronger open the door."

Just in case, Akash readies an action to shoot the next non-party-member that appears.

"I am not going to open the door, I intended simply look at the area and see if there is anything obvious such as a trap of sorts". She casts a simple spell to detect any magical aura's, she will hold the spell for as long as needed.

With the heat pounding down on them, even Orin knew that the group would be overcome by it before long. As Mysty checked the door, Orin stood by eager to get out of the searing heat.





With a practiced eye, Nadira inspects the door for signs of the arcana. Alert and cautious, she stands ready for anything that would cross their group's path.





[/QUOTE]

Day One, Early Afternoon, The Citadel's Door

As Mysty leads the way through the small canyon, leaping flames erupt from around and behind a pair of hoodoos to either side. A pair of almost-humanoid figures made of living flame charge at the party, incomprehensible voices crackling .

Round 1: Meet The Housekeepers
  • Brigid | 12/12
  • Mysty 11/15
    Burn (Ex)

    A fire elemental deals fire damage in addition to damage dealt on a successful hit in melee. Those affected by the burn ability must also succeed on a Reflex save or catch fire, taking the listed damage for an additional 1d4 rounds at the start of its turn. A burning creature can attempt a new save as a full-round action. Dropping and rolling on the ground grants a +4 bonus on this save. Creatures that hit a burning creature with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the burning creature and must make a Reflex save to avoid catching on fire. See Burn for more details.
    Burn (DC11 save needed)
  • Akash | 17/17
  • Aranel | 8/12 (4 nonlethal)
  • Orin | 9/13 (4 nonlethal)
  • Nadira | 4/7,
    Burn (Ex)

    A fire elemental deals fire damage in addition to damage dealt on a successful hit in melee. Those affected by the burn ability must also succeed on a Reflex save or catch fire, taking the listed damage for an additional 1d4 rounds at the start of its turn. A burning creature can attempt a new save as a full-round action. Dropping and rolling on the ground grants a +4 bonus on this save. Creatures that hit a burning creature with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the burning creature and must make a Reflex save to avoid catching on fire. See Burn for more details.
    Burn (DC11 save needed)
    ===MAP===
  • Small Fire Elemental North 11/11
  • Small Fire Elemental South 11/11, -2 AC

Surprise round over. Remember for my initiative system, all PCs act in one block, then all enemies, with the PCs first round of actions being limited to either a standard or a move action only. A five-foot as a free action and a standard action is acceptable.

"Ouch" calls Mysty as she dodges the fire
Dice Roll: 1d20+2
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 16)


Mysty steps into position and readies her morning star and attacks the nearest fire beast
Dice Roll: 1d20+2 1d8+1
d20 Results: 5 (Total = 7)
d8 Results: 4 (Total = 5)

Akash


Hearing a sudden sound from a nearby hoodoo, Akash's attention is drawn to a nearby hoodoo. Taking his readied action, he
Dice Roll: 1d20+7 1d8+1
d20 Results: 3 (Total = 10)
d8 Results: 6 (Total = 7)
shoots the southern figure as it leaps out.

Too close he thought. I cannot get a clear shot without standing next to these things, and they would strike at me if I do that. Looking beside him, he sees Nadira slapping at the smouldering hem of her robe. On the other hand, I would rather not try punching fire...

"Nadira, MOVE!" shouts Akash as he stands his ground and
Dice Roll: 1d20+7 1d8+1
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 27)
d8 Results: 3 (Total = 4)
shoots the southern elemental again. Why did we send the casters in first?

EDIT:
Dice Roll: 1d20+7 3d8+3
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 23)
d8 Results: 1, 6, 1 (Total = 11)
Critical Confirmation and Damage

===MAP===

Aranel Shepherd


Shaking the heat exhaustion from her head as best she can, Aranel quickly readies herself for a skirmish. Having defended her flock for years, she was not afraid of any beast or person. But these... flame spirits? These were wholly strange to her.

Careful to avoid Akash's bow, Aranel slips past him while drawing her own crossbow. "Mysty, duck!" she calls out, and
Dice Roll: 1d20+2z
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 18)
fires (18) at the
Dice Roll: 1d8z
d8 Results: 8
flame person (8) in front of her.


Just to be 100% clear, that's the north-east one.





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status