Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Old Timer Newbie

Old Timer Newbie

Hey all, I'm not particularly great at introductions but here I go... I've been playing D&D (or AD&D back in the day) for about 20 odd years now. I started with the old Red-Box Basic D&D set (anyone remember that?) before moving onto the D&D Rules Cyclopaedia and AD&D 2nd Edition from there.

Some of my fondest memories are of the 2nd Edition AD&D material - particularly the Ravenloft setting of that time which was (and still is) awesome and possibly some of the finest, most creative material to come out of D&D to this date. Due to time constraints (kids) in my life I find myself without the same amount of free disposable time I once had to play by tabletop. I do have quite a bit of experience at PbP and find it more convenient and easier for me to play due to the fact that I can put in as much or as little time as I choose to it.

Anyways, I hope to game with you all on the site soon and will certainly be looking for some games to get involved with .

Oh, and this dude is absolutely awesome !

Yay pirate orc!

Well met! I'm partial to old-school D&D myself. OD&D and AD&D and their respective retro clones are definitely gaining in momentum here, even among a mostly 3.5/Pathfinder crowd. I myself am running a Swords & Wizardry (OD&D clone) game, and am now starting up a new AD&D 2e as well.

Powderhorn is definitely right in mentioning the Players of Older D&D thread. Great group of people there.
Good luck and good gaming!