Notices

Once Again, the Depths - FR Adventure, looking for replacement player!

Old Nov 5 '12, 11:53pm
GM - Once Again, the Depths

Once Again, the Depths - FR Adventure, looking for replacement player!

Once Again, the Depths - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e - Forgotten Realms 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Deadline is now set for the night of Wednesday, November 21st.

We have lost a player in this game.

They were playing a guide of sorts (jack of all trades, focus on undead slaying).

The group still consists of a paladin, a cleric and a sorcerer.

I will be looking for one player to replace the one we've lost. Applications will be open until a suitable replacement is found. I will review applications and accept a player when I find one that I believe has a character to suit the party and gaming style.

The only requirements are that the character you create be a dwarf male named Wurgrym (first name, last doesn't matter and nicknames are fine). The rest is up to you.

Only "serious" applicants will be considered. In this context, a serious applicant is one who's submission reflects the fact they have actually reviewed the relevant thread in the Rules and Info Thread Group in the game forum.

Please apply in the "Info for Prospective Players - Apply Here" thread in the game forum. Also, see the first post in this thread for more info.

General questions are welcome and can be posted here or via PM.

This is not first come, first serve. The best application, based on character history and character suitability (primarily) will be selected.

Welcome, one and all!

Sorithar (DM; Once Again, the Depths)

Game Description:

Daggerdale has known no true peace for ages and recently drow have been making ever more brazen surface raids in proximity to the town.

You are an adventurer of renown and have traveled the realms for many cycles, making a name for yourself in small hamelts and large cities alike. Now, by the whim of Tymora or the whispers of Helm, you find yourself headed to Daggerdale. On the edge of a new adventure! Will this one be your last or the one that makes your name echo through the ages...

This is my second attempt at running the long City of the Spider Queen module. Let me make no pretenses to the fact that this is an ATTEMPT to run the module. To be fair with those players who wish to apply, I feel I should share that my last attempt failed due to RL issues that I believe no longer pose a problem.
Nevertheless, apply to this game with the knowledge that I can only do as best as RL lets me.

Last edited by Sorithar; Nov 19 '12 at 7:17am..
So the last guy...he was an Undead focused combatant, yes?

Would it benefit us to be similarly focused?

Also; Warmage. Would you allow? I'm not even sure of the source I saw it in so can't say if it's on your no no list.

Warmage is Complete Arcane.

Well you guys are spectacularly handy to have around. Thanks much!

So if Warmage is okay I'll go ahead and build a Dwarven Cavecrasher (E.G Refluffed warmage)

@ Nameless Void:

I look forward to seeing more then

@ silverwolfer:

Easy answer indeed. A bit too easy. I find it hard to believe that Thard Harr would take such an affront to his domain so lightly, especially in Chult. Sorry, but it would have to be better than that. Are you only interesting in applying with that PrC..?

@ TheRunestone:

Warmage is approved, yes. Is Dwarven Cavecrasher a PrC I'm not aware of, or just your name for your concept..?
As long as you use the approved material, either should be fine.

As for undead focus... Hmmm, its hard to say. The adventure includes a good number of undead encounters but its also a rather balanced adventure in terms of encounter types. Generally speaking, I think that pigeonholing your character has the negative effect of making them, for lack of better word, boring to play when you're not encountering your chosen enemy. If you don't find that this is the case, by all means, pigeonhole away and undead are as good a pigeonhole as any for this adventure

@ Arnorr...:

Cheers.

@ All:

Please note that while I mentioned that the previous player's character had an undead slaying aspect to him, this was by no means his be all and end all.

Also, while the application thread states a deadline of December 31st, I don't think it'll take me that long to select someone. So please submit applications soon if you want to and have an approved concept. Cheers.

No but it seems you have enough applications now, and my intreset are being swayed by other recent games. Seems you are in good eager hands now Sorithar

@ Silverwolfer:

Lol, assuming all the interested parties actually complete and application...

@ silverwolfer:

Ya? A dwarf rogue or illusionist doesn't come to mind..?

Grey dwarf is an available race though.

I'm just taking a swing and wondering if there is literally no way out of being a Dwarf? :x