Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

No! Bad Disney! Not Yours!

Mickey the Sorcerer as a Planeswalker?

+1: Put a 1/1 colorless broom artifact creature token onto the battlefield.
-2: Sacrifice all broom tokens you control. At the beginning of your end step, put twice that many 1/1 colorless broom artifact creature tokens onto the battlefield.
-6: Tap all broom creatures you control. Tap all permanents each opponent controls.

Maybe something will actualy happen to the brand. It's dying FAST, and a (good) movie could totally change that.

I love cracked.

How can people be so far Disney owning Star Wars, but so against Disney owning Hasbro? Just a vague question on that one.

Personally- I don't care (edit- meaning I don't care if Disney owns Hasbro as they'd spin off any properties they don't want to deal with anyway).

I am already seeing them turning MLP back to gen 3. God, just make them keep Star Wars, Indiana Jones, G.I. Joe, Transformers and MLP AWAY from Kingdome Hearts.

In terms of D&D, from what I understand, the license is more valuable than the game itself; merch sells well but the game doesn't turn a terribly large profit. (This isn't an edition thing either, from my understanding, it's been true for quite awhile.) I imagine we're more likely to see movies or animated series based on one of the D&D settings than we are to see changes to the game(s) itself, though tie-in gaming supplements and such are pretty likely.

As for MLP, meh, if anything I foresee reruns on Disney XD and not a whole lot else. If anything, the show might be moved to Disney XD from The Hub, which might increase what the show is allowed to get away with.

If there is anything that could ever truly destroy the Dungeons & Dragons namesake forever, it would be D&D books with the disney logo stamped on 'em. That would be a sad day in the history of gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercutio361 View Post
If there is anything that could ever truly destroy the Dungeons & Dragons namesake forever, it would be D&D books with the disney logo stamped on 'em. That would be a sad day in the history of gaming.
Go look at any 3.5/4E books, and let me know where you see Hasbro's logo. Disney's smart, the only books they'll be slapping their logo onto are ones specifically geared at a young audience. Otherwise, they'll most likely continue what Hasbro's been doing and let the books be published under Wizards of the Coast.

Honestly, D&D is already owned by a toy company. If people are going to be scared off by corporate structure, that should have driven away people long before Disney got their mouse paws on it.