Stupid DM's ...

Maybe RAW could be massaged by readying actions, enabling simultaneous CdG? Or maybe it's all occurring during a surprise round? I'd think that the two could be combined, though, since it would take some of them longer to react from a deep (drunken?) sleep than others.

oh yeah.. you know what I mean. We going south or back in and west.

But Lakkariel's stance on killing sleeping opponents hasn't really changed, so..... yeah. Anyways, before I post anything IC, am I correct in understanding that area 1A has a roof so that the ground can't be seen from the guard tower, which has stairs going to it at the 'bottom' of the area?

I was wondering about that... Don't worry, they'll probably wake up shortly.

@ EP Yup, it's covered by a roof, so you can't see the top of the watchtower ... but you can make out the stairs going up to the tower ...

You have 4 sleeping ogres and 4 sleeping giants ... their sleep seems to not only be a night type thing, but also alcohol induced ...

What about simultaneous Coups de Grace, NGP? Could we encircle a slumbering giant and all strike at the same time? Would that be the sort of thing to wake the others even if it died immediately?

4e rules are that a sleeping opponent doesn't awaken automatically on receiving damage, but they do get a DC save to awaken.

A coup de grace does maximum damage on a hit ...

As for the "other" sleepers, they would get a perception roll (at a negative as they are asleep) vs the noise you make -- the scream of the waking opponent - etc

I'm not sure you can have (and don't think I would) "synchronised" Coup de Grace on a single or multiple opponents (of course if your target doesn't awaken, you would then get an automated max crit damage on your CdG) ...

NGP

I say we stuff the kids cloak in his mouth and go stab happy.

I'm letting you guys run the story ... let me know / RP your plan -- I'll do the responses (if any) of the big guys

Tryin to be creative... not getting any responses... *shrugs*