The Sunless Citadel, Adventures with a crazy DM (Part 1)

Old Nov 9 '12, 11:04am
The Storyteller

The Sunless Citadel, Adventures with a crazy DM (Part 1)

Adventures With a Crazy DM - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Nov 22 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Welcome to my thread full of idiocery and me trying to convince you guys to play in my game.

------------------------------

Adventures with a Crazy DM will be a series going through modules or more openworlded parts. I hope to have a few people stay with me from start to finish, but that will probably not be the case.

The module we will start with is the Sunless Citadel, which, to paraphrase the book, is "An adventure for 4 1st level players. Characters that survive will end at second, or even third level." It is originally 3.0, but it is fairly easily modified for 3.5, or so I've read.

I am looking for 4 dedicated players (And perhaps an additional bard ) who will accompany me through the game. Character creation rules are here, and for the rest of the threads you can go to the forum.

Game Description:

"All things roll here: horrors of midnights,
Campaigns of a lost year,
Dungeons disturbed, and groves of lights;
Echoing on these shores, still clear,
Dead ecstasies of questing knights—
Yet how the wind revives us here!"
—Arthur Rimbaud

For some reason, either because you wish to make a name for yourself, or because you heard the legend of the Sunless Citadel, you've decided to come here, to Oakhurst, close to a site which is now named the Sunless Citadel. Once there, you will perhaps go through one of the most dangerous places the people in town have ever known, and be widely known in a radius of a whole 5 miles or less.

Last edited by Kerim; Nov 9 '12 at 11:11am..
This is easy to answer Athena, and if I may step on the DM's toes a little;

No.

I can almost assure you that's his answer. Because Gestalt Characters are 2x more powerful (or 3x, 4x, 5x depending on if you're a fighter) mixing gestalt characters in with non-gestalt ensures gestalt characters will crap all over the others.

Every class would have to be Gestalt.

Gestalt characters are inherently more powerful than standard characters, given that they combine the best of two classes at any given level. The gestalt rules in UA are recommended for games with less than 4 players, and Kerim's looking for 4-5.

Yeah, indeed. The only gestalt characters I might allow would be truenamer-Tier 5 class.

So you can either make a normal character, or wait for another game to come up which is gestalt.

Oh, the poor Truenamer. So much potential ruined by so much bad execution. :c

Kerim, I'm going to be a Shifter Barbarian if you approve. I REALLY want to play one, the concept is exactly what i've been looking for!

No need to ask for approval, of course you can play one.

Well, if you tell me in what book the Shifter was again

Shifter is in:
Eberron....