Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Thread management issue

Thread management issue

I am unable to remove two threads from the main thread of this game. I have saved them in my own archive thread but they won't disappear from the main one. Is it possible to the admins to fix that?? Thank you!

Game thread: Cormyr

Bugged thread one: Chap 5

Bugged thread two: Chap 4

I've some trouble if something is in the main threadgroup that's not actually "in" the main threadgroup.. When you click on "EDIT" in the main threadgroup you get the "Display on Main

Threads from folders chosen here will display on the Main display. Ctrl+Click to add to or remove from your selection."

Then can select threadgroups to appear in the main.. You get the option to make the threads in that folder appear on the Main.. However, you can't move those threads from there without first removing it from the original threadgroup it's in..

There's an example of it in this game: http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21383

The thread "Net Worth".. If I try to move it from the main thread (by clicking the checkbox and then going down to the bottom with "Add to Folder", in this case trying to add it to my archive) when I hit submit I get the error "No Valid Threads"..

I added it to the Archive from the folder it's actually in (Game Table) and it moved it to the archive just fine, the thread is just showing as being in both the Archive and the Game Table (and the Main thread since it's set to display things in the Game Table thread).. Once I Remove it from the game table, it should fix the problem..

Hopefully that makes sense.. I coped it from another site discussion thread that was having a similar issue.

You chap 4 and chap 5 threads appear in the Main, Archive, and Group one threadgroups. If you go into the Group One thread group select the two chapters and do "remove from folder" I believe that will fix your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericpay View Post
I am unable to remove two threads from the main thread of this game. I have saved them in my own archive thread but they won't disappear from the main one. Is it possible to the admins to fix that?? Thank you!

Game thread: Cormyr

Bugged thread one: Chap 5

Bugged thread two: Chap 4
Fixed - or rather, done.

About what Witchslasher said. To reiterate:

The Chapter 4 & 5 threads were not actually in the main threadgroup, so you couldn't remove it from there.
They were in the threadgroup "Group 1".
The Main threadgroup was set to display all threads from the threadgroup "Group 1" - and hence, the mentioned threads showed up in the Main threadgroup.
Removing those threads from the "Group 1" threadgroup achieved your desired results.

Sorry my bad!!! I missed something when checking everything... must be old age!!! Thx again!!!!