The Rod of Seven Parts

Old Nov 10 '12, 7:46pm
Dming a drow 3.5 game since 2011 ;)

The Rod of Seven Parts

The Rod of Seven Parts - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Dec 1 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 4

The doors swung open slowly as Gara'cias pushed them open with his massive arms of golden hued skin. His thick white boots take long strides across the pristine white marble floors of the open domed hall. He approaches the small table, surrounded by tall concave bookshelves surrounding it and the old man sitting there. He turned around upon hearing the steps, smoking the honey flower in his long ivory pipe tipped in gold. His eye's widened as Gara'cias handed him a small piece of stiff skin that apparently had been used as parchment. It was written in the infernal tounge of the devils and upon glancing over it quickly with his eyes, he grimaced closing his eyes while he did so. He recovered from his emotion, placed the piece of skin in a book and replaced the book on the shelf.

"It is time. Our first move is to contact them. Let us begin our plans."

This game will be a quick planar hopping game where the players go on a search for an artifact. More details to be posted later. As you can see, this ad is up for a while so I'll be filling in threads as needed but for now go ahead and ask questions etc here.

System: 3.x 3.5
Sources: PHB, PHB II, all completes. All core (PHB, DMG, MM) No Tomb of Battle, nothing that changes how the spell system works too much as a whole.
Races: Open to anything in the races books, MM's, and savage species/completes/core nothing homebrew. This is a planes hopping game so feel free to run wild with this.
Monster Races: Keep LA in mind. If LA is above +3 use savage species or talk to me about a progression if it isn't in there.
Templates: Keep these basic, no over the top incorporeal type templates or anything above LA+3.
Flaws/Traits: Pick one flaw, one trait if you want. You don't have to pic but once decided it can't be changed. Don't forget the bonus feat that goes with this.
Level: Starting level 6. Three classes maximum (this includes if you prestige).
Classes: Anything from the sources above is fine.
Abilities: 4d6 drop the lowest. 4 6's means a 19. Roll three sets take the best.
Wealth: By level per DMG, half of this can be spent on items you want. Other half can be rolled randomly or given to you in the form of an item chosen by myself.

Need a warrior type (melee or ranged) to take the place of the guy who has been dropped.

Game Description:

The Rod of Seven Parts

Last edited by Coolplayer; Feb 18 '13 at 9:13pm..
What I was saying is, there is no casting if you're a Pyro. You do need to have PP but you could get that through a race and actually have nothing to use it on; the class itself just gives you certain almost arcane abilities (and hey, if you wanted to make it require the ability to cast arcane spells instead of PP, even better). It doesn't grant PP and doesn't grant powers.

If you don't want it, that's cool, I was just noting that if your objection was purely the Psionics system, well, it's Psionic only in name and flavour, really.

Alrighty, Arven the Musteval Wu Jen is basically squared away, barring some tweaking to the application/character sheet. hope you guys are cool with guarding the 2 ft. tall ferret woman, because I am the squishiest.

Set aside 6,500 for you to futz with Coolplayer, since I have terrible luck rolling randomly (best example, getting a Holy Avenger from a Deck of Many Things while playing a NE pirate) and i'm interested to see what you'll toss my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberys View Post
Alrighty, Arven the Musteval Wu Jen is basically squared away, barring some tweaking to the application/character sheet. hope you guys are cool with guarding the 2 ft. tall ferret woman, because I am the squishiest.

Set aside 6,500 for you to futz with Coolplayer, since I have terrible luck rolling randomly (best example, getting a Holy Avenger from a Deck of Many Things while playing a NE pirate) and i'm interested to see what you'll toss my way.
Our characters would both be from unusual races, so they might actually get along rather well, other than your taboos.

Luckily, I only have one taboo so far, and it's not touching the dead. Given I can do most of my diagnostic work without touching them, it's not terribly inhibiting unless someone in the party is undead.

Where can one find traits/flaws?

I want you to choose the second half of money for me, GM, but for my half I have a few unique items to discuss with you.

I've found the best source for Traits/Flaws is Realmshelps. They've got all of them up, including the Dragon released ones. They're under the feat finder on the site, googling Realmshelps should bring up the feat finder search page as the second or third hit.

Will this work for you, GM?

Type: Flaw
Source: Dragon #324

You only cross arms with foes who willingly engage you.
Prerequisite: Lawful alignment.
Benefit: You suffer a -4 penalty on attack rolls against creatures that have not explicitly challenged you or made an attack against you. For the purposes of this feat, an attack against you includes any action that would end an invisibility spell.

That's fine if thats the one you want.