Out of Character

Out of Character

This thread is for out of character communications.

I noticed on your application form, you have "Lawful" set as the alignment. Did you have a particular preference as to alignment? I ask merely as I was thinking to do a halfling thief.

Yeah all characters are Lawful, though it doesn't mean a person who obeys the laws but rather a person who defends society vs. a person set to destroy society being Chaotic. Neutrals are those who lack any heroic ambition. So alignment isn't going to come into play as a guide to role-playing, it is just the side you are on.

Also note that the halfling isn't a hobbit but a small fey race.

Quick question. Are stats rolled in order, as it essentially says on the pdf? Or is it a 'place em where you want em' deal? I have no problem either way, just curious so I know what to do with my rolls

So, you said you're expecting a high character mortality rate. What are you planning to do when characters die off? Roll new characters and have them meet up later on, or... watch each person slowly die off and PM them a picture of Gary Gygax?

Quote:
Yes in order. I created the house rule PDF for this game.
Ok awesome

Quote:
So, you said you're expecting a high character mortality rate. What are you planning to do when characters die off? Roll new characters and have them meet up later on, or... watch each person slowly die off and PM them a picture of Gary Gygax?
LMAO!

Another Question: I didn't see any note on how we're doing AC. Are we using the ascending or descending system (hopefully descending to keep the old school feel!) and is the base AC 9 or 10?