Notices

Out of Character

It is all in the house rule document Mercutio, but we are using ascending. The reason was to keep rules to a minimum. My personal preference is for descending with tables but...

I had a question about multi-classed characters. In the rules it says "Reroll hit points only when changing dice not with every level gained." What does that mean? The wording is strange I think.

You use the best hit dice for your class. So if you are a 2nd level fighter / 2nd level thief you use the fighters 3 hd. When you achieve 3rd level thief, who has 3 hit die, the same as your fighter level, you do not re-roll hit points. Remember that unlike other editions where you just add your next die to your total in S&W/TLBBs you reroll all of your hit dice every level and keep the highest roll, your current or your new one, so you may not get hit points every level.

When that same character reaches 3rd level fighter he moves up to 4 hit die and re-rolls hit points.

Quote:
It is all in the house rule document Mercutio, but we are using ascending. The reason was to keep rules to a minimum. My personal preference is for descending with tables but...
Ok cool. I found it

Okay, I robbed a Labyrinth Lord sheet and made one big error that you guys probably have seen... Could you add Race to the sheets.

Powderhorn take a reroll on the snake eyes for hit points. I expect character deaths but not on the first hit.

For hit die on first level lets re-roll 1's until we don't get them. Adding r1 at the end of your dice command will do that.

Just wanted to remind everyone you do get to flip two stats in addition to dropping one for gold. Also remember 15+ Charisma and Wisdom get everyone +5% xp.

Quote:
Powderhorn take a reroll on the snake eyes for hit points. I expect character deaths but not on the first hit.
Aw, I was looking forward to see who was gonna go down in the first encounter!

Quote:
Just wanted to remind everyone you do get to flip two stats in addition to dropping one for gold. Also remember 15+ Charisma and Wisdom get everyone +5% xp.
Tempting, but I don't see it helping my character much accept for a change of class lol...I haven't played a fighter in forever anyway. Would be a nice change