The Forgotten

Old Nov 11 '12, 8:07am
A dose with every meal!

The Forgotten

Endgame - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Nov 25 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 4

Should the world ever recover, 1321 will be known as the year that three states of a world were gone.

No; not moved, not destroyed, taken, erased....Gone.

Attempts to describe the nations provide confused epitaphs (for that is all they can be described as) filled with ramblings and stuttering. It is as if a dream plays on the edge of wakefulness and wants to be remembered. Journey's toward the states by those who seek to fulfill the dream thought are forgotten long before the destination is reached. Divination spells reveal a haze of foggy information- followed by a sharp recoil of pain and a desire never to investigate the dream again.

But your dreams? Your dreams are filled with detail. Specific detail. Vivid...recollections? of unknown horrors taking place within the three gone states. You hear the murmurs around you, but you can't understand them. It's as if you are walking through a crowd of blindfolded people with your eyes uncovered. You see purpose- purpose that lies in the South. You see a reason to lend your influential sway to this odd and paranormal grasp that has taken the world. But for some reason, you've withheld. You've not travelled South. Some form of concern was nibbling at the edge of your mind as if to warn you.

Something was amiss.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please see ALL threads within the main thread group- if only to understand what and where you should be doing your thing.

I require from you;
  • An extensive, EXTENSIVE background of what your character has been doing all these years- be it on other planes and worlds or here
  • Extensive breakdown of their personalitys and contacts/family
  • No character sheer until the backstory has been designed
  • A build progression summary
  • Story reasons linked to your most powerful items
  • A two paragraph explanation of whom you are as a player (What play style you prefer, what type of roleplay you prefer (Short, punchy quick or long winded, descriptive and emotive), whether you're a kick in the door style player or you're a puzzler. So on and so forth.
  • A roleplay sample of your character (One combat, One Dialogue, One internal monolgue)

Game Description:

The Breakdown

• Level 20
  • Only basic races (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Half Orc)
  • 7m4d6v1r1 is your stat point generation (Point buy is not an option)
  • HP is rolled every level bar first, first is max
  • Standard Wealth by level (Do keep in mind- Weight will play an issue and I want to see the weight breakdown) At least some of the wealth must be spent on land, holdings, staffing etc.
  • Applications that are one of the three following will be given preference;
  • Straight 20 build
  • Straight build and one prestige class
  • Multiclass of two classes (no dips) Prestige only if both classes were required for prerequisites
  • A note that I will only be accepting one caster class
  • Allowable Sources:
  • SRD
  • Core (Including PHBII)
  • All Completes
  • All Races of except Eberron
  • Spell Compendium (If a spell appears in Spell Compendium and another source- Spell Compendium is the "True" reference
  • Magic Item Compendium (As above)
  • Tome of Battle (Warblade and Swordsage only)

Who am I?

My name be Matt, mateys. /endpirateintroduction

I'm actually new to DM'ing but am loving it so much in RL with my current campaign that I thought I would run one on the weave as well. I've been following y'all here for some time now and you seem like a good bunch of eggs. I have a grand sense of humor until someone pushes my patience too far. I don't like know it alls or rules lawyers- I'm entitled to "slip" occasionally- if I do a heads up PM is acceptable but calling it out in a thread is not. I am helpful but also like to be given help, I like to nurture a character idea if its a solid concept even if it means stepping on some rules a little.

Will this work?

I am confident in a Level 20 campaign because I intend to only accept people with a high post count, dedication to their current games and an eye for good grammar and punctuation. There's a lot of leg work in a Level 20 campaign so I'm sorry to exclude anyone below 500 posts- I really need to see you're sticking in there for the semi long haul at least.

Last edited by Epicosity; Nov 11 '12 at 12:35pm..
I'm not picking a class quite yet because I want my character concept in mind first, and then to choose a class that goes with him or her. I *might* use a male Scout/Duelist elf that never got to finish his first game, but I'm trying to decide if he fits here.

interested

so one caster so one wizard or cleric?

Indeed. One caster only. Remember - you're level 20. So your choice is really between what kind of support you want to offer as healing will be in ready supply.

i will dust off an old character played to that level and apply with them i think is the best way to go forward.

Hmm does TOB count as a caster

or if TOB doesnt count i may try my hand at 20 levels of a TOB class....

you dont think their stances ect are like spells? they are basically melee casters. if TOB is allowed, you dont see many other melee classes since they are far far better than any other melee class in 3.5

Ahh I see your view.

And I do believe anything is better than core melee classes ....Except the Truenamer. Maybe the Knight too. :-P

so 20th level TOB then man this will take FOREVER to make lol. How much of a sheet do you need for app?

20 level build progression and all the fluff.

A basic character sheet without maneuvers is fine.

can i explain in my background WHY there are no psionics in the game Wait ARE psionics allow? maybe i am thinking of different game...