Merchants and Death

Old Nov 12 '12, 2:06am
Night Raven

Merchants and Death

Merchants and Death - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Hey everyone,

So after a highly successful first DnD session with an actual group of friends (somehow playing DnD by yourself doesn't work :P)(btw everyone love community for inspiring them) I decided to post up a game here to work on my DM skills, we will be starting the same way they did but will probably break off into our own story line (after all, its your characters and decisions).

You are allowed to use anything from the three Player's Handbooks, preferably no hybrids and no background/theme bonuses. I will be looking for 3-5 players who are able to post at least once every 24 hours, preferably more. I will also need a token for those i choose for the battle map. It will most likely be a very hack and slash game but i will be working on my describing skills as well.

Post your applications in the game forum. You don't have to make a character sheet till after your selected if you don't want to as i will not make the selection based off stats (but maybe class). Selection is made when I have enough applications that i like the look of, i will then decide based on the applications and classes.

Feel free to ask any questions,
Thanks guys
Bladesong

Game Description:

In the trading province of Pelcine, caravans cross the countryside and extensive forests. With these ride mercenaries whom only lust is for old, and when their pay is not enough they join the countless bands of bandits that raid the trade routes. Humanoids are not the only threats that plague the lands, countless feral animals prowl the woodlands and fey creatures are in abundence. Hunters grace these lands in search of prey, of any sort. The constant danger and endless threats do nothing but increase the value of trade and the pay of mercenaries.
You are such mercenaries, or you are now after you found yourself trudging along next to a single caravan early in the morning. You have memories of a night at the tavern in the town of Talmore, how many differ between each party member, but you remember the promise of gold for the delivery of the wagon safely.

Last edited by Bladesong; Nov 14 '12 at 1:07pm..
I am curious as to what you see for dwarves. I've been looking to play as a dwarf for awhile but one that breaks the normal idea of "Smashy drunk" dwarf.

Currently I would prefer to only use the player's handbooks, i'm not familiar with the Martial Power etc collection although i COULD learn (this would slow down the game a bit, maybe). As for dwarf I am impartial as to what you do with them and personality etc, so i don't mind if you don't play a "smashy drunk" dwarf (eg one of the characters was a ranger dwarf who focused quite a bit on the non hammer side)

Could I ask why you'd rather not have us multiclassing? As the Bard, for instance, especially with PHB only, has some pretty good things to gain from Multiclassing.

Or do you mean Hybrids?

er...try more the 'I actually know a thing or two about magic' dwarf out to prove his whole species isn't a bunch of hammer loving drunks.