Abilities
Str 13, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 10
Condition None
Traits Exile, Reactionary

Additional Information
Appearance

Personality

Background

I'll be working on the background in the next day or so. Oh yeah, my original dice roll was for 110g, but I'm just gonna take the 175g average for the Ranger.

Edit: My apologies, I wrote a background on the weekend... hated it, and am re-writing it as we speak. Expect to see something in the next day or so. My bad.
DICE WERE DELETED FROM THIS POST

From PF Core Rulebook: For purposes of Weapon Proficiency and similar feats, a composite longbow is treated as if it were a longbow.

If you really wanted to rules lawyer it, "Weapon Focus: Longbow" works on Composite Longbows, but "Weapon Focus: Composite Longbow" doesn't work for regular longbows. May as well keep it simple and take the feat for the basic longbow.

I don't really consider myself a rules nazi to that degree. Although the rules are there to give some order to the game, if something makes sense that I typically will allow it. But I agree with Rift, I would treat the weapon proficiency: longbow to apply to weapon proficiency: composite longbow. I would also view something like the weapon focus feat in the same kind of light.

@Calinthas, although this is also for everyone. There are two roles in the game that I am very lenient on. First is the starting gold and the second is for rolling your HP when you level up.

Let's say you have something like a fighter and barbarian in your group. They both level up. The fighter rolls a 10 on their D10 and the barbarian rolls a 1 on their D12. All of the sudden, because of one bad roll, from an HP standpoint the barbarian is still practically level 1 from an HP standpoint. If you have a bad roll in combat, hey it happens. But a bad roll on a level up can really screw you over.

My thoughts on leveling up is that if you roll <50% HD, then you can re-roll for your level up HP roll. (i.e. if your HD is 10, and you roll a 1, 2, 3, or 4, then go ahead and reroll)

And your starting salary, if you will, will determine how you can head out the gate. And with this module you actually get thrown into a couple battles right off the bat (semi-spoiler), but then it focuses on RP. So if you roll less then the average for the starting salary, then you can also be behind the 8 ball to start out. So, I'm ok with just taking the average for your starting GP.

That's my thought on those two.

BTW, I also GM a live game on Wednesday nights, although that's moving to Tuesdays for me. So those nights I may not be as responsive, but all other times I get emails for updates right to my iPhone.

I'm also going to give it until next week before I start narrowing down the great choices that are listed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollesea View Post
@Calinthas, although this is also for everyone. There are two roles in the game that I am very lenient on. First is the starting gold and the second is for rolling your HP when you level up.

And your starting salary, if you will, will determine how you can head out the gate. And with this module you actually get thrown into a couple battles right off the bat (semi-spoiler), but then it focuses on RP. So if you roll less then the average for the starting salary, then you can also be behind the 8 ball to start out. So, I'm ok with just taking the average for your starting GP.
Sounds good Hollesea, thanks. I'm going to finish up my application for Lucius tonight, knowing that will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calinthas View Post
Lucius Taviskin
Core InformationLucius Taviskin
Race: Human (Chelish)
Class Ranger
Deity: Erastil
Alignment: Neutral Good

Stat BlockLevel 1, Init +5, HP 12/12, Speed 30
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus 1
Bow TBD
Armor TBD
Abilities
Str 13, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 10
Condition None
Traits Exile, Reactionary

Additional Information
Appearance

Personality

Background

Changed character application to a human Ranger... I felt it easier to just create something specific for this game, and so here is Lucius Taviskin. I'll be working on the background later.

Oh yeah, starting gold... may the dice gods be kind, because composite longbows are f%#&! expensive.

Starting Gold:
Dice Roll:
5d6*10
d6 Results: 6, 6, 4, 2, 3 (Total = 210)
... wtf. Can I take the average Hollsea? I can't even afford a bow with that roll, and a bow focused Ranger without a bow is, well, kinda pointless.
I love the way you present your character I have tried to do that many times and cant get the coding to work lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excior View Post
I love the way you present your character I have tried to do that many times and cant get the coding to work lol
Do what I did and shamelessly steal it. Click quote and copy/paste. (I'm sorry, but you just did a really good job Calinthas!)