A Final Fantasy

Old Nov 13 '12, 10:29pm
He who pilots mechs... and things...

A Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy - Forum
Miscellaneous
Estimated Members Requested: 4

A bit about me
I am a Roleplayer of ten(10) years of experience, with five(5) years of experience with the various adaptations of Final Fantasy d6. I have Game Mastered for six(6) of my ten(10) years of roleplaying. And yes, the putting of numbers in parenthesis after the written word is a quirk I have and something you, the players, will have to put up with. I write as a hobby so hopefully I will be able to weave(no pun intended) a story with you all.

Don't let me being new to Mythweavers fool you, I am experienced in Play by Post games so I think I have a handle on the forum codes.

A bit about the game
This game will follow a simular vein and setting as Final Fantasy III with my own variations. So, let the nostalgia begin!

I have my own list of house rules and the character creation rules are here.

EDIT!: I should most likely mention that we are using this version of FFd6.

Game Description:

Bahamut sitting in his throne in the sky.
Airships flying over moutain tops while defending against sky pirates and wyverns.
Little goblin monsters sitting outside of towns because the town guard are obviously not well trained enough to deal with them on their own even though they've had years of training.
Chocobo running around in the wilds, just waiting for the opportunity to peck you in the face.
Little children chasing chickens in your hometown and store owners working their craft between sales.

These are all things, and more, that we think about when Final Fantasy is mentioned. All the nostalgic memories that are brought back when we close our eyes and listen to the soundtracks of the many different games.

Wouldn't you want to relive those moments, just one more time?

Last edited by DragonMech; Nov 13 '12 at 10:34pm..
@Vaunrat
I break 'sessions' up into threads, so session 1 would be Chapter 1, session 2 would be Chapter 2 and etc.

@Greyfield
1) This is something I do in my Real Life games as well, and i find a suprising amount of people prefer not to spend their destiny points, saving them for the much loved 'Cheat Death' or the dramatically appropriate use of a Pheonix down. Also, I only give Destiny Points when I think I deserve it rather than at the times the book suggested, so if the party rolls over a boss monster, I won't give them the destiny point but if they survive a harrowing encounter I might give it to them instead, so it's a choice between 'use it for a relatively small boost of power now, or save it for when I actually need it later.'

2)The five point limit break is also something I do in my real life games. As they can only trigger on a use on a natural 12 on a 2d6 roll and the expenditure of 3 destiny points (1 point with the Limit Breaker ability) I see no reason why a hero, even if starting out, wont have at least a small one. The way I see it, this relatively small limit break simulates the hero putting his/her upmost effort into trying to defeat their enemy and using everything they've got.

Not to mention the fact that leveling in play-by-post takes a while and having something small to tide the players over until they get the full thing help that a little.

3)Everyone will gain their full ability scores and skill points by the end of the intro.

Oh, the nostalgia! Spent hours of fun on FFs.
I'll just say two things: glowy eyes & pointy hats.

Hell yes! Im applying a Black Mage. Whats more iconic than that? ...hmm, maybe a moogle?

You should totally play a moogle black mage.

Though it seems there is already a flurry of people wanting to play moogles. o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonMech View Post
2)The five point limit break is also something I do in my real life games. As they can only trigger on a use on a natural 12 on a 2d6 roll and the expenditure of 3 destiny points (1 point with the Limit Breaker ability) I see no reason why a hero, even if starting out, wont have at least a small one. The way I see it, this relatively small limit break simulates the hero putting his/her upmost effort into trying to defeat their enemy and using everything they've got.
Unless I'm misreading you, I think you have misunderstood the limit rules. There are three seperate ways to use a limit break. The most dependable is paying 3 Destiny. The next is the Limit Breaker ability. If you have the Limit Breaker special ability, and if a specific type of event happens*, you may use your limit break 1/session without paying destiny. Last, if your health is equal to or less than 25%** of your max and you role a 12 on an attack roll, you may choose to use a limit break for 0 destiny instead of the attack you had made.

Only one of the above conditions are needed to activate a Limit Break.

Or are the changes to how Limit Breaks work part of your house rules?

*Which needs to be worked out with the GM before hand
**50% if you have Limit Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonMech View Post
@Vaunrat

3)Everyone will gain their full ability scores and skill points by the end of the intro.
So is that to suggest that those who spend a destiny point to start at the regular level 1 build will have, more or less, wasted the destiny point since everyone will be there by the end of the intro?

Hmmm, thinking about that I may have to think about that as you'd be right. I'll probably have to redact that one.

Well, it seems as if its impossible to start at level 1 build since you can either have full skill points (for 1 destiny point) or full Attributes (for 2), or keep both points.
It sounds like we'll be able to 'buy out' the last part for the level 1 build at the end of the intro (I imagine with destiny points as well).

I've read the rules... Mostly, im considering a ninja of sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeganmw View Post
Well, it seems as if its impossible to start at level 1 build since you can either have full skill points (for 1 destiny point) or full Attributes (for 2), or keep both points.
It sounds like we'll be able to 'buy out' the last part for the level 1 build at the end of the intro (I imagine with destiny points as well).
An interesting theory. But I'm going to wait for the GM to chime in to verify how he's actually going to run it, since this may very well determine whether or not I'm going to apply.

Um, hello? Mr. GM?