A Final Fantasy

Old Nov 13 '12, 10:29pm
He who pilots mechs... and things...

A Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy - Forum
Miscellaneous
Estimated Members Requested: 4

A bit about me
I am a Roleplayer of ten(10) years of experience, with five(5) years of experience with the various adaptations of Final Fantasy d6. I have Game Mastered for six(6) of my ten(10) years of roleplaying. And yes, the putting of numbers in parenthesis after the written word is a quirk I have and something you, the players, will have to put up with. I write as a hobby so hopefully I will be able to weave(no pun intended) a story with you all.

Don't let me being new to Mythweavers fool you, I am experienced in Play by Post games so I think I have a handle on the forum codes.

A bit about the game
This game will follow a simular vein and setting as Final Fantasy III with my own variations. So, let the nostalgia begin!

I have my own list of house rules and the character creation rules are here.

EDIT!: I should most likely mention that we are using this version of FFd6.

Game Description:

Bahamut sitting in his throne in the sky.
Airships flying over moutain tops while defending against sky pirates and wyverns.
Little goblin monsters sitting outside of towns because the town guard are obviously not well trained enough to deal with them on their own even though they've had years of training.
Chocobo running around in the wilds, just waiting for the opportunity to peck you in the face.
Little children chasing chickens in your hometown and store owners working their craft between sales.

These are all things, and more, that we think about when Final Fantasy is mentioned. All the nostalgic memories that are brought back when we close our eyes and listen to the soundtracks of the many different games.

Wouldn't you want to relive those moments, just one more time?

Last edited by DragonMech; Nov 13 '12 at 10:34pm..
I'm basically running this as a semi-novice group coming to realizing some of their true strength by the end of the intro as they get wrapped up in the whole 'fate of the world' type stuff that these games usually have.

Wether or not you apply is purely up too you. *shrugs*

Uh huh. Well, thanks for answering my question. Sort of.

Good luck with your game.

I'm a friend of KeeganMW's: looking at playing a Moogle gambler. Hope to have a proper application/sheet up soon if there's still room.

Im also waiting for a dm response...

@PNuttGilroy
No one's been picked yet so go ahead and apply!

@Baleful
Sorry, no Andriod.

Name: Ryulin Gender: Male Age 21 Hume Engineer

PWR:3
DEX:3
MND:6
RES:7

FRC:1
FIN:3
AVD:4
ACC:1

HP: 19/19
MP: -/-
ARM: 2
M.ARM: 6

Quote: "If it isnt' a rocket, I'll make sure it explodes."

Equipment
Head:
L.hand:
R.Hand: Practice Bow
Armor:Cotton Vest
----------------
Inventory
Potion X5

Skills
-Vehicles+3
-Inquiry+3
-Scavenge+3
Synthesis +4

Abilities
-Innate ability-Standard action may grant 2 bonus weapon properties
to any weapon or piece of armor one ally has equipped. First one has to be
explosive, the second one is autoprotect
-Pandoras box opened roll 1d6: 1. Red spring: Posion, 2.Blue Screw: Blind,
3.Green Gear: stop, 4. silver disc: sleep, 5. Gold battery: haste, 6. Rainbow moogletron:
Protect and shell, activated once per combat. flip a coin calling it correctly means the
positive status efects are applied to allies, and negative status effects are inflicted upon enemi
if flip is called wrong, its the other way around.

Status effects

Description: an average hieght male that looks dirty from working continous hard days doing his engineering.
Personality: Even though he is rough around the edges, he is fun loving and willing to fix anything for a small price, however he doesnt charge alot, unless you have an attitude towards him.
Background:
Having been left in Ur, 7 years ago, from being dropped off by an airship. He forgot to return on time and it took off without him. So he has been in the town of Ur since, trying to make a living and working here and there.
Eventually his goal is to find a place for himself and be able to settle down, and make the world a pieceful place. He doesn't have many close friends if any at all, he just seems to stick to himself and only talk to those that,
he has had a chance to just work with. He lives day by day, liking his quiet paced life, however, as his life has been getting boring he has been looking to make it more open to adventure and so he's set out to try to find just that.

. . .

There's a section for applications you know.

You also have 19 attribute points ;^_^

And you pick a certain type of synthesis (Alchemy, armor, weapon, tinkering, etc), not just a broad overarching one, though I assume as an engineer you're going with Tinkering (As that's the most in theme.)
Also you have 2 abilities besides your innate one, so you can pick one more =)

Edit: Also you got your finesse and force base attributes mixed. They are both 2 at the moment.

And today is the last day to apply! I will be making my choices at 20:00 EST (9PM for those of you who don't know).